Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rates went up to almost 5%

tag
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

rates went up to almost 5%

im upset kinda because they where just 3.5% so does this mean they will keep going up or will they more than likely fall again

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Re: rates went up to almost 5%

The rates are like the stock market.  They can climb and fall each day.  

Remember rates are the lowest they have been in US history.  4.5-5% is still a good interest rate.  During the housing boom the rates were in the 7% range.  

Message 2 of 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

if anyone here knew the answer to that question.... well, they wouldn't be here.

they'd be on a yacht somewhere.

my guess is the 3s are over.

market improved a little today.... not much

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 10
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

thanks for that yea i see they can go up or down all depends i gave my info to a lender monday but havent heard anything back yet on a pre approval its my first time so i dont know what to expect ..

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 4 of 10
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

I am nervous. Wishing I found this site last year n I'd probably been in our home with a wonderful rate! Oh well it is what it is n I hope by next month we r at least still under 5%

Message 5 of 10
MTSN
Regular Contributor

@pdog661 wrote:

The rates are like the stock market.  They can climb and fall each day.  

Remember rates are the lowest they have been in US history.  4.5-5% is still a good interest rate.  During the housing boom the rates were in the 7% range.  

That's true - however they are a lot more like gas prices. They shoot upwards really fast, but don't come down nearly as quick. I think any 30 year traditional mortgages in the 3% range are over. I think 4-5% will be the norm for the next 6-12 months then back up to 5-7% after that. Just my opinion.

Message 6 of 10
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

yea still not to bad but even with my middle score is 735 it changes by 40 plus dollars  and i could use that 40 dollars lol

Message 7 of 10
fabadvice
Established Member

I agree with you jayrock24, every penny counts. Imagine our shock when we were given a rate of 3.25 during pre-approval and two weeks later signing the contract at 3.75. Still glad we are in the 3s so I can't complain, but it was still a little disappointing.

Message 8 of 10
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

I'm hoping when we lock on ours in August it's not to crazy in our GFE that we got in May it said our rate can't go above 4.75% so that's good! lol If we can buy down I think we will since we don't plan on leaving that home ever.

Message 9 of 10
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

yea ik what you mean lol

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.