New Contributor
Zahnrosen

refi a ballon

Hey, I bought my first place, a townhouse (appraised at $85k, I owe $62k). I've got until 5\2014 to complete this or the baloon will come due. Im at 665 (exp) 651( equi) and 656 (tu) according to myfico.com. My DTI is around 26% currently with an income of $92.5k combined between my wife and I. I'm scheduled for a raise in the next month or two that *should* raise that by about 15K annual to 107.5k income which, if it comes through, would lower my DTI to 22%. We'll see about all that though.

Where is the easiest place to get a refinance?
New Contributor
Zahnrosen

Re: refi a ballon

[ Edited ]
Oh, and if I refi'ed my monthly payment will go down about 40% which should lower my DTI to about 23% (or 20% if I get that raise. :smileyhappy: The reason is the current balloon is 7.5% for 20 years and I'd expect to refi into a 30 year fixed at ~3.5%.
Frequent Contributor
pdog661

What

What is your house wroth? 

New Contributor
Zahnrosen

Re: What

[ Edited ]
I haven't had a recent appraisal but it's in the $80-85k range based on what's similiar places are selling for in my neighborhood.
Valued Contributor
tooleman694

If I were you I would do a limited cash out 15 year conventional refi.

New Contributor
Zahnrosen

I'm not very familiar with mortgages, why would that be a good choice? Thanks for the explanation!

New Contributor
Zahnrosen

So... What should I do here?

Valued Member
Homeowner13

Zahnrosen I don't know what you did but I assume making 100k a year you should have been over paying each month to raise your equity! With a payment in the 500-600 dollar range you should be living more with in your ability and pay that sucker off in less than 10 years by adding $500 extra each month! If I were a bank I would be asking where all the money is going? 23% with your loan is more then easy enough to have extra disposal income if you are not blowing it all. To answer your question I would start with local banks, they are more likely to consider your outside situations.

Starting Score: 719
Current Score: 809
Goal Score: 825

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Super Contributor
DallasLoanGuy

[ Edited ]

Homeowner13 wrote:
Zahnrosen I don't know what you did but I assume making 100k a year you should have been over paying each month to raise your equity! With a payment in the 500-600 dollar range you should be living more with in your ability and pay that sucker off in less than 10 years by adding $500 extra each month! If I were a bank I would be asking where all the money is going? <= that is why you arent a bank.... because this has NOTHING to do with the question asked... AND has no bearing whatsoever on getting a mortgage. 23% with your loan is more then easy enough to have extra disposal income if you are not blowing it all. To answer your question I would start with local banks, they are more likely to consider your outside situations.

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' since 2004
Super Contributor
DallasLoanGuy

Zahnrosen wrote:

Where is the easiest place to get a refinance?

pretty low loan amount. borderline for some lenders.

ask current lender to refi?

go to a bank/credit union?

ask friends/relatives/coworkers for a referral to a lender they liked?

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' since 2004

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+