Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refiancing an auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

refiancing an auto loan

About a year ago my husband and I purchased a used car. We tried to recieve a loan from our bank first, but were denied. That was my first real experiance with credit. My credit report was less then one half of a page long. I had a score 0f 612 (equifax), and a report of only 2 not very possitive accounts. I left the office thinking "what is this credit that you speak of, and where can I purchase some". Since this encounter I have worked very hard on expanding my report and increasing my score. (Proudly reporting an equifax score of 672). Though not approved by our bank, we were still able to receive an auto loan through the dealership, but with a very high rate. We have now had the loan for over a year, and I want to try to refiance for a lower rate. Unfortunately, while I have been working on my score, I am afriad my husband has not. He has the larger income, is the primary holder on our, myself secondary. I know my credit is much better then his, but my income is signfigantly less. Is there anyway possible to refiance our used car loan using my credit and his income, or will both of our reports be factored in since he is the primary and makes most of the money? Hope my efforts are not in vain.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.