Did you mean: 

score estimate?

tag
tony46231
Contributor

Re: score estimate?

@pizzadude wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

Seems others say that the EQ score on myFICO is the same as the EQ score that the leder will see. That therefore would seem to be the best one to use as an estimate.

Unfortunately this is no longer the case ~ the EQ ( and EX ) score sold here have been changed to the newer FICO08 version.   Mortgage lenders pull the FICO04 version.

The TU score sold here is the TU98 version, and older score model.

It's really hard to know how your scores will match up ~ for some people they are fairly close, but others see fairly large differences.

When did the change take place?  My EQ score from here that was pulled two days before a mortgage lender pull was an exact match.  This was on 02/28/14.

Starting FAKO Score: 08/16/13 - EX: 702 EQ: 694 TU: 702
Starting FICO Score: 08/19/13 - EX: ??? EQ: 700 TU: ???
Lender Pulls: 02/28/14 - EX: 736 EQ: 716 TU: 748
Closed on 04/25/2014 - Loving it!
Message 11 of 14
JLK93
Established Contributor

@tony46231 wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

Seems others say that the EQ score on myFICO is the same as the EQ score that the leder will see. That therefore would seem to be the best one to use as an estimate.

Unfortunately this is no longer the case ~ the EQ ( and EX ) score sold here have been changed to the newer FICO08 version.   Mortgage lenders pull the FICO04 version.

The TU score sold here is the TU98 version, and older score model.

It's really hard to know how your scores will match up ~ for some people they are fairly close, but others see fairly large differences.

When did the change take place?  My EQ score from here that was pulled two days before a mortgage lender pull was an exact match.  This was on 02/28/14.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/FICO-8-Announcement/td-p/2996572

Message 12 of 14
Alberio
Contributor

Ah, the shift in EQ scoring at myFICO explains my recent score drop in the score watch.  There was no corresponding change to account for it and I was confused!  Interesting.  I hope my lender sticks with the other version, at least until we close next month.

Starting Score: 644 (EQ) 646 (EX) 670 (TU) as of 11/2013
Current Score: 732 (EQ myFico) 740 (EX myFico) 740 (TU myFICO) as of 8-25-14
Lender Pulled Scores (3-19-14): 709(EX)/700(TU)/670(EQ)
Goal Score: 710 (Made it!!)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Alberio wrote:

Ah, the shift in EQ scoring at myFICO explains my recent score drop in the score watch.  There was no corresponding change to account for it and I was confused!  Interesting.  I hope my lender sticks with the other version, at least until we close next month.

I doubt that mortgage lenders will be moving to a different score model anytime soon, so you should be fine.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.