Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score estimate?

tag
kleahc
New Contributor

score estimate?

I may just be grasping at straws here, but is there any way at all to estimate what the lender-pulled score might be based on our scores here? Here I have 658, 659, 700. (Capital One score alert has my Transunion at 757- which made me laugh because whaaaaaaaaat??)

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: score estimate?

Seems others say that the EQ score on myFICO is the same as the EQ score that the leder will see. That therefore would seem to be the best one to use as an estimate.

Message 2 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@ezdriver wrote:

Seems others say that the EQ score on myFICO is the same as the EQ score that the leder will see. That therefore would seem to be the best one to use as an estimate.

Unfortunately this is no longer the case ~ the EQ ( and EX ) score sold here have been changed to the newer FICO08 version.   Mortgage lenders pull the FICO04 version.

The TU score sold here is the TU98 version, and older score model.

It's really hard to know how your scores will match up ~ for some people they are fairly close, but others see fairly large differences.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 14
JLK93
Established Contributor

@kleahc wrote:

I may just be grasping at straws here, but is there any way at all to estimate what the lender-pulled score might be based on our scores here? Here I have 658, 659, 700. (Capital One score alert has my Transunion at 757- which made me laugh because whaaaaaaaaat??)

The mortgage industry is standardized on the FICO 04 scoring algorithm. At this time, you can still purchase EQ 04 on the Equifax website. However, be careful what you pay for. They also sell FAKO scores. You can get EQ 04 free as a member of DCU.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/FICO-8-Announcement/td-p/2996572

Message 4 of 14
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

good example of the difference 98-696...04- 692---08---630! again thats just for me

Message 5 of 14
lynn33
Valued Member

When did the change take place?  I thought we could sort of count on the eq score here being accurate!  Which version do mortgage lenders typically use?  Which is the Beacon 5.0? Now I'm confused. 

Message 6 of 14
FSFdoppleganger
New Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

Unfortunately this is no longer the case ~ the EQ ( and EX ) score sold here have been changed to the newer FICO08 version.   Mortgage lenders pull the FICO04 version. I don't know how recent this change has been in effect, but as of 4/03 it was still the case. 3 Lenders pulled my report and all pulled the EQ score from myfico.com, where the others were different by up to 20 pts.

The TU score sold here is the TU98 version, and older score model.

It's really hard to know how your scores will match up ~ for some people they are fairly close, but others see fairly large differences.

EZ's assertion may still be valid based on my recent experience.

Starting Score: TU 627 EQ 640 EX 641
Current Score: TU 730 EQ 758 EX 766
Goal Score: TU 750 EQ 800 EX 800
Lender Pull 4/7/14: TU 716 EQ 747 EX 760
"Whatever the mind of men can conceive and believe, it can achieve". Napoleon Hill
Message 7 of 14
JLK93
Established Contributor

@lynn33 wrote:

When did the change take place?  I thought we could sort of count on the eq score here being accurate!  Which version do mortgage lenders typically use?  Which is the Beacon 5.0? Now I'm confused. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/FICO-8-Announcement/td-p/2996572

The equifax version of FICO 04 is Beacon 5.0. That is what mortgage lenders pull.

Message 8 of 14
kleahc
New Contributor

Re: UPDATE score estimate?

A lender pulled my score today and was near enough to the scores I had here (my mid score was much higher according to the lender!)

Posibly stupid question: When I meet with my second lender option on Thursday, will their scores be the same? Or is it even different among lenders?

Message 9 of 14
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: UPDATE score estimate?

@kleahc wrote:

A lender pulled my score today and was near enough to the scores I had here (my mid score was much higher according to the lender!)

Posibly stupid question: When I meet with my second lender option on Thursday, will their scores be the same? Or is it even different among lenders?

Your score may/may not be exactly the same but it won't be because a different lender pulled your report. It would be due to changes in your credit data between the credit pulls.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.