Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scores and a new car

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

scores and a new car

guys, im looking into purchasing or leasing a new vehicle. right now my scores are 683, 663, and 618. i just paid off all of my credit card debt (4 cards - utl was at 76%). im thinking my score should jump enough to qualify for some good solid rates. i am thinking about leasing given my situation. does anyone know if my scores are good enough to lease? thanks for the insight guys.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: scores and a new car

are those the updated scores?
You should be fine either way.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

no those are right now, before the payoff of the 9k in CC debt has shown up. i want to get a lexus, i wasnt sure if they had any special requirements due to the kind of car.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will be golden after these update

@Anonymous wrote:
no those are right now, before the payoff of the 9k in CC debt has shown up. i want to get a lexus, i wasnt sure if they had any special requirements due to the kind of car.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always heard 680 and up to lease a car.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've have never had 680 in my entire life, and I've only leased cars.
Message 6 of 9
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

nfg wrote:
I've have never had 680 in my entire life, and I've only leased cars.

Would you mind sharing your scores and who allowed you to lease because I have mid 600's and want to lease but have been told I need atleast a 700 by several places.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can lease, no problem.

I leased with scores in the mid-500s. It was Chevy and they were having a tough time selling their cars and were lenient on leases. The rate was 7 percent when everyone else was buying at 0 percent, though.

But I found leasing to be the worst financial mistake ever. I shelled out A LOT of money for a car I did not own. Plus, any major repairs not covered by warranty - and there were a few on the lemon of a minivan I leased, I had to pay for out of pocket.

It is better to buy at a high interest rate, then after paying on time consistently, refinance at a lower rate. The car is yours and you haven't tossed your cash down the proverbial leasing toilet.

Think carefully before you hop into a lease...
Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Acura
Honda and Acura base there approvals on credit history not scores.
Toyota and Lexus will go very low and still approve if you can prove income and stuff.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.