Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set to close on the 6th!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

set to close on the 6th!!!

we are set to close on our new house on Jan 6th.. but i have a little question.

the LO thinks if we sign at 8am on the 6th, that we should get the keys on the same day...now call me crazy but i thought that didnt sound right.

i have the utilities going in my name on the 9th, do you think we will have the keys by then?

i am in nevada if that matters...just a little confused cause everything is soooo slllloooowww and now they are like pushing to sign and go lol...

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: set to close on the 6th!!!

thanks! i dug out my papers and now that you explained it i understand. all that legal mumbo jumbo hurts my head lol...

they did say it had to record before we recieved anything, but that it usually doesnt take anymore then 24hrs...and that if we are the 1st to sign at 8am tuesday, we might even luck out and get the keys the same day,,

ive also heard horror stories of people waiting a week to get keys.

i dont really "care" it's just i have a new puppy and a doggie door installer set to come thursday, so i hope i have the keys by then lol!

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

we are set to close on our new house on Jan 6th.. but i have a little question.

the LO thinks if we sign at 8am on the 6th, that we should get the keys on the same day...now call me crazy but i thought that didnt sound right.

i have the utilities going in my name on the 9th, do you think we will have the keys by then?

i am in nevada if that matters...just a little confused cause everything is soooo slllloooowww and now they are like pushing to sign and go lol...

I dunno .... I've always heard that after you sign the papers, you get the keys. Isn't it possible (don't know, just asking) that the seller's doing their thing the day before (or same time)?

I guess I don't get WHY you WOULDN'T get your keys the same day! o_O
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont know either, but the LO said it takes about 24hrs for the deed to record, and we have to wait until then..

i think i'll call the title company monday and find out Smiley Happy

as long as i've waited i guess another day or two is no big deal lol

Message 3 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Wendy it'll actually say when "posession" occurs in the purchase contract, in the standard Nevada real estate contract it's under the section titled "Delivery of Posession" and it specifically states you will get delivery of posession (keys, garage door openers, alarm/gate codes, etc.) upon the COE (close of escrow) which occurs when recording confirmation happens.  It could be different (edited perhaps) on yours, so you'll want to dig yours out to review.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks! i dug out my papers and now that you explained it i understand. all that legal mumbo jumbo hurts my head lol...

they did say it had to record before we recieved anything, but that it usually doesnt take anymore then 24hrs...and that if we are the 1st to sign at 8am tuesday, we might even luck out and get the keys the same day,,

ive also heard horror stories of people waiting a week to get keys.

i dont really "care" it's just i have a new puppy and a doggie door installer set to come thursday, so i hope i have the keys by then lol!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.