cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

side work counted in income for mortgage loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

side work counted in income for mortgage loan?

Hi everyone! So we are filling out the application for out 1st mortgage. Just wondering, my husband does side jobs for his company and gets a separate check (taxed also) but the amount varies, sometimes he has 4 side jobs in a pay period and sometimes he has 10. Will the lender count all of these or not at all towards our income? Sorry so long, thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: side work counted in income for mortgage loan?

It has to be consistent for 2 years, and they will average it for that period. That is how they do overtime anyhow, assuming side jobs are the same.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would think they would count for something - he has paystubs for them and stuff.   

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as they are on his tax return and he has a two year history, his monthly income will be averaged over the past two years. If his "side job" income has decreased over that time period, he may not be able to use it. As long as it is stable or increasing, he should be fine.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.