Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sl lates and forebarance

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

sl lates and forebarance

I was reading a previous post conerning student loans, and was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences or success or even advice concerning this situation. I posted this on the general credit issues, with no response.  i don't believe that no one has tried this.

BACKGROUND:
 I have several student loans currently.   3 of my loans were consolidated by my mother (unknowing to me).  These statements were being sent to my old address (haven't lived there in over 9 years, but is my mothers current address).  I didn't know that these loans were out of defferement until i received an email, warning me that i was about to enter default (the loans were not defaulted on, but were 120-150 days late).  I quickly called the direct loans, and was able to put the loans into forebarance.  This was for 1 of my direct loans and 2 of my nellnet loans, i have a total of around 18 loans, and the rest were still in deferrement.  I was able to apply for forebarance, which is retroactive.  I pleaded and begged with the csr, but was told that they were unable to remove the lates, even though they could clearly see, my other 15 loans were still in defferment.  The loans that were still in deferrment, the statements were being sent to my current address, it was just the previouslly consolidated loans that were being sent to my mother.

QUESTION:
Now, my question is, has anyone had any success, in disputing via the CRA's never late, since the forebarance is retroactive, i technically would have never been late?i thought about GW, but since i haven't actually started paying on the lates and these are very recent, i don't think they'd be very willing.

Any advice or success in this situation? Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: sl lates and forebarance

i am doing it right now i only have one direct loan. same problem. disputed with cra results not in!!! but i have paper from loan company saying its in forebearance from july 2007 to may 2008 so i have that proof to cover late months. so we will see
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: sl lates and forebarance

I am in the same boat...I did not go so far as to challenge the CSR to show me where it says they will still report lates in deferment/forbearance, but I would like to know. I have disputed them alot and still the CRA's will not budge. I was told to send a GW to the Dept of ED, and maybe someone would take pity and delete the lates.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.