Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

someone's upset...consequence of "shopping around?"

tag
tirado126
Contributor

someone's upset...consequence of "shopping around?"

well, i'm in the middle of a counteroffer on my first home and during the preapproval I decided to look at 2 different brokers to assist. One broker provided way better customer service than the other and as a first time homebuyer I really appreciate it. So, I let the other broker know today that I decided to go with a diff lender and he was UPSET. he almost wanted to take credit for fixing my credit...knowing i've been doing this for 2 years and just met him 3 weeks ago. Well, his true colors came out and even though i tried to be professional, he was sarcastic and hung up on me.

Not sure if I handled the "shopping around" correctly, but I'm happy where I am now Smiley Happy Anyone experience something like this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: EQ 542, TU 503, EX 580 (all lender pulled 06/07/11)
Current Score: EQ 649, TU 722, EX 654 (pulled Dec 2013)
Goal Score: 700 club for all 3 agencies!

CapOne$750/FP$400/Matrix$300/VS$500/Walmart$500/BestBuy$1K/KayJeweler$2K (last app 12/16/13)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: someone's upset...consequence of "shopping around?"

You were nice to call them and let them know you wouldn't be using them.

I got 4 different quotes and let them all know up front that they would hear back from me if I wanted to proceed with their services.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 4
sugspc1
Established Member

Oh yeah. I had a LO I was talking with for only a week. I was having a hard time finding one who knew anything about USDA. I had mentioned that I was working with another LO but had not heard back from him in a while. Well this guy got so upset!  He sent me a nasty email back and acted like he was breaking up with me for some other man. GEEZ!!   It was crazy.  

I'm so gald that I did finally hear back from my origianl LO. He had a family emergancy but was unable to let me know.  He has busted his butt with our loan is doing an awesome job!

~Jennifer~

Score Avg 651

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@sugspc1 wrote:

Oh yeah. I had a LO I was talking with for only a week. I was having a hard time finding one who knew anything about USDA. I had mentioned that I was working with another LO but had not heard back from him in a while. Well this guy got so upset!  He sent me a nasty email back and acted like he was breaking up with me for some other man. GEEZ!!   It was crazy.  

I'm so gald that I did finally hear back from my origianl LO. He had a family emergancy but was unable to let me know.  He has busted his butt with our loan is doing an awesome job!

That is hysterical and totally made my day lol!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.