Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student loand- paid by claim status?

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

student loand- paid by claim status?

i had 2 student loans that defaulted in 2001, (long story short, i transferred school, and my old school didn't report that i'd transferred, and thus, the sl went into default, despite, me still receiving sl with the same lender at a different school), anyways, my mother without my knowledge consolidated my sl,  since the statements were sent to her address and not my current address at the time, thus i wasn't even aware i was in default, since i was still in school, and never received any phone calls.  i'm wondering about it today however, because when i sign onto the nelnet website, it says paid by claim, and on all 3 of my cr they all say paid by government claim, which is incorrect, since they were actually paid, by a consolidation loan to get them out of default.  does anyone have any experience with this or any advice?  i don't think it should read paid by claim, or is this in fact correct wording? any advice is appreciated.  thanks.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.