Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student loans

tag
luckyashes04
New Contributor

student loans

My student loans will not be in defferment 12 months after closing, so my LO needs an estimated monthly payment from them. I've aaked 2 times over 2 weeks and she said Sallie mae has not given them the info. How long does this usually take? Is this something I can do on my own or will it require the LO to be the one to get estimated payments?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: student loans

@luckyashes04 wrote:
My student loans will not be in defferment 12 months after closing, so my LO needs an estimated monthly payment from them. I've aaked 2 times over 2 weeks and she said Sallie mae has not given them the info. How long does this usually take? Is this something I can do on my own or will it require the LO to be the one to get estimated payments?

if the lender uses 2.5% or 5% of the balance of the payment.... would that blow up dti?

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 7
luckyashes04
New Contributor

My loans are $60, 000 so 2.5% would be $1680 a month. That's crazy. Ya that would put our dti at 68%. I find it hard to believe my payments would be that high. .... I've never paid more than $150 a month when I was paying them a few years ago.
Message 3 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

call dept of ed and lite a fire?

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 7
Celle31
New Contributor

To pull up your estimated payment:

1. Go to your salliemae account (if you don't have one you can create one).

2. Go under the customer service tab.

3. Click on Printable Statements and Documents

4. Click on Estimated Payment Statement.

5. Print Out Statement (has salliemae letterhead).

I had to do this when I tried to refinance my mortgage. Big difference in payment amount!

Message 5 of 7
luckyashes04
New Contributor

Thank you, I finally found that late last night. Lol
Message 6 of 7
Celle31
New Contributor

No problem!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.