Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the process is taking a toll

tag
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Re: the process is taking a toll

Very well said wpbguy. I think after your offers get denied on a few houses, you start to realize that this process is so not about what house YOU want but instead what house you're meant to have. After the 5th offer didn't get accepted, we got a whole different understanding and acceptance of the process. It is what it is and although we're in the final stretch and just waiting on the clear to close, we only want what GOD would have us to have. Can't tell you that it's smooth sailing and my mind is at ease but I can tell you that whatever happens, it's not the end of the world. Because if its not this house, it'll be another one but we will have a home for our family. And knowing the GOD we serve and what he's capable of.....it's going to be awesome!
12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Message 11 of 18
terminalhockey11
Valued Member

Hang in there!  My wife and I have been dealing with some stressful UW issues at the moment.  We started off with her higher than me, then after some Rescore work I jumped up to her level but she had an item pop on that brought her down.  After going down to the wire to get an extension on our Loan Objection deadline (we still had 28 days until close) I didn't like our chances after hearing some of the UW feedback.  In fact I was already trying to decide how I was going to break it to my wife and what our plan would be for the next 90 days before we would attempt again.

However my loan officer has worked quite hard for us and from what I've been privy to, we will get final approval in the AM.

Many conditions have popped up and he did a great job asking for a bunch of information well in advance so when it was requested he could just send it over.  

Once that signature is on paper I plan to leave work early and hit Happy Hour. Smiley Happy 

Message 12 of 18
Lac2509
Valued Member

Thanks for all the kind advice everyone!  I completely agree that if it is meant to be then it will be.  The underwriting process just causes so much doubt sometimes, even knowing that I have put so much time and effort into fixing my credit the last 2-3 years so my husband and I could have a pretty smooth process.

Keep prayin!!!

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: FICO TU688
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 18
shawneet
Valued Member

Wpbguy is sooo right.  My husband and I are doing the new build thing.  We did the app, placed money on the lot, got all the disclosures, had LO tell us that conventional wasn't going to work because they couldn't place the mortgage insurance with our current scores, so they would put us in an FHA loan (which isn't going to really work until July when some credit issues will then be a year old) and see if that will work.  So, we are praying that the LO will just hold our app for FHA until July/August then run it thru ... however, we are set to "tentatively" close on the newly constructed home between Aug - Oct.  So, we will be cutting it pretty close to the wire.  I said all of THAT to say this:  We haven't even gotten a "conditional" approval yet ... however, the builder's consultant emailed me to tell me that they've sent our contract thru for processing and to have the blueprints drawn up and sent to the county for permits.  We know that FHA will probably not work for us THIS EARLY in the game, but we're believing and trusting God for Him to work this whole thing out.  I was so ultra stressed with this entire process until about two weeks ago ...worrying about meeting financing deadlines, getting updates from the LO, stalking the empty lot with just a SOLD sign on it, etc., etc.  I've now prayed so much about this house situation that I'm at peace and believe that God will work everything out and all things will fall into place exactly WHEN and HOW they are supposed to.  I actually have control over nothing except my faith and my spending and I'm going to let one go wild and the other I'll keep under wraps, respectively and in that order! LOL   Everything will turn out for all of us just as it has already been destined ... we're just playing our roles as they have already been cast for us.  In the end ... post your praise party!!  All the best to you ...

Message 14 of 18
AppleJacks
Established Member

I agree.  I've been waiting since 2007.  I started the process right when the mortgage crisis hit.  I was newly divorced with two little girls.  Although I was so upset at the time, thankfully I didn't have a long credit history as I was younger and my ex-husband and I didn't mix credit (I really much of any credit at all.  Not bad, just not not there, haha).  So I was denied.  A bit later I was offered a job that paid a good bit more about 5 hours away.  There was no way I could have taken that job if I was stuck in that house.  I would have been underwater easily and it would have ruined my credit.  So I moved for the job and started looking in that area.  I found the perfect home after a year of searching but wanted to save just a bit more before I made an offer.  When I was ready to do so it had just gone under contract and, subsequently sold.  I was so upset with myself but kept praying for God's will.  Again, a bit later I was offered my current (and final) position.  I'm a federal employee so I just changed agencies all three times.  It would have been 3 hours from that house and the house probably needed more work than I (a single woman at the time) could have handled.  Now I'm married and in my dream job.  I will be here until I retire.  My husband and I wanted to make an offer on a home and it was, what I had thought, our dream home.  We ended up losing out to a cash buyer.  I was torn between hoping it would fall through and come back on the market and hoping the people who finally did buy it would be just happy there as I thought we would have been.  It was very much a devil on one shoulder, angel on the other experience, haha. 

Finally we set up an appointment to see a few houses.  Actually the one that we were least interested in is the one we fell in love with.  It's twice the square foot as the house we just lost and has more acreage, very old (100+ years) neat barn, huge pond and is in a much more beautiful area (land wise).  We keep praying but, so far, God has enabled everything to fall into place so wonderfully, no matter how stressed I get.  That whole let Go and let God thing is a battle for me despite him showing me all the time that he will take care of things.  I guess that's just in our human nature.  Worry has to be my biggest sin, lol.  I am praying for everyone going through the process.

Message 15 of 18
shawneet
Valued Member

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, Apple Jacks ... as weird as it sounds, it was a beautiful one.  Sometimes we have to endure the rain and then we can appreciate the rainbow.  So glad that you found your happy ending (and dream home) after all.  I think we just need to continue to encourage everyone because we are all going through or have ALREADY been through these things and we know that "this too shall pass".  Be encouraged Lac2509 ... we'll all be looking for your rainbow!   SIDE NOTE:  I just want to say that I love this forum because everyone is so willing to share their experiences and advice and it is so appreciated and beneficial to those of us who haven't had the experience or the knowledge of these things.  Thanks a million to eveyone!

Message 16 of 18
Lac2509
Valued Member

Thanks to you all!!! Praying for patience. But I agree, the best thing of all that I have taken out of this experience is just all the support from others who are going through the same things. We are definitely not alone, and am so grateful for all the kind words and support.

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: FICO TU688
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 18
Beasley12
Regular Contributor

+100.....I LOVE this board! Whether it is this house or the next, praying that you all have happy closings in the near future :-) My file went to underwriting today and I am trying not to worry because the Lord said that it is already done.
EQ FICO 564 (3/12) Lender pull 673 (4/12) FICO 703 (6/13)
TU FICO 605 (6/12) to FICO 687 (3/13) Lender pull 680 (4/13)
EXP FICO lender pull (4/13) 651
Homeowner since September 2013!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.