cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

took the plunge and applied today...nervous wreck!!

tag
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

took the plunge and applied today...nervous wreck!!

So today we finally took the plunge and applied for a mortgage, we did an online application for a local lender and are waiting to hear back from her now. I have heard really good things about her and her ability to help people with less than perfect credit obtain a mortgage. I have been working on my scores for a while now and have increased them a ton, but if for some reason there are things we still need to work on... she is well known for using a simulator and giving advice on becoming mortgage ready. I figure worst case senerio, we aren't ready and she gives us professional advice on what steps to take. best case scenario, we get approved lol!

I really don't have a question or anything... just wanted to ask myfico family to keep your fingers crossed for us!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: took the plunge and applied today...nervous wreck!!

@earlyKY wrote:

So today we finally took the plunge and applied for a mortgage, we did an online application for a local lender and are waiting to hear back from her now. I have heard really good things about her and her ability to help people with less than perfect credit obtain a mortgage. I have been working on my scores for a while now and have increased them a ton, but if for some reason there are things we still need to work on... she is well known for using a simulator and giving advice on becoming mortgage ready. I figure worst case senerio, we aren't ready and she gives us professional advice on what steps to take. best case scenario, we get approved lol!

I really don't have a question or anything... just wanted to ask myfico family to keep your fingers crossed for us!!

I wish you the best of luck.

Message 2 of 13
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Good luck!!!!!

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 3 of 13
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Like you stated, one way or the other, you will know more about your credit profile and eligibility for a mortgage as well as what are some things she may suggest for you to do to improve your credit profile.

Let us know how thinsg shake out but good on you for taking the step to apply and find out.

Message 4 of 13
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone!!! I got a notification that they did a hard pull on my credit... so I know they are working on it. How long does it usually take to hear back from them??

Message 5 of 13
SantanzChild
Valued Member

Every lender is different on that but every where I applied in the begining got back to me in 24 hours at the latest.  At the same time I have heard from other people saying it took a couple days.

Message 6 of 13
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Thanks!! The worst part is the not knowing so I will just be happy to have an answer either way!
Message 7 of 13
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Haven't heard back yet.... just trying to keep my mind occupied on other things. Hopefully we will hear tomorrow because I don't think I can survive the weekend not knowing Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 13
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Keep your mind occupied & check your spam,, my pre-approval was in my spam for a week & I was a nervous wreck for nothing lol.,
Message 9 of 13
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Finally heard back from the loan officer yesterday. She has been on vacation and when she got back thier system was down. We are meeting with her today.... FINGERS CROSSED!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.