Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two different cash to close amounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

two different cash to close amounts

On my GFE i got from the lender a couple of weeks ago the total on line (p) cash from Borrower was at $7,793.00.  When we supplied our bank statements we had no where near that amount because there were some unexpected fees listed that we were not aware of.  Long story short, we were able to get a gift letter signed stating a gift of $3,000.00 would be given along with our $2,000.00 in the bank.  Two days ago I received a new loan application and on Section VII. Details of Transaction it has a new amount of only $5,044.00 on line (p) cash from Borrower. Is it possible that they changed or reduced some fees in order to get this loan closed?  I wasnt sure because it wasnt a GFE it was a "Details of Transaction section." 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: two different cash to close amounts

It is possible

They had to do something since it doesnt sound like you documented enough to close

They may have given a higher rate cut some fees???? Hard to say but there is no way they can approve a loan where there is not enough cash to close

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.