Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

underwriter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

underwriter

Hi everyone, my question is I am in escrow and was suppose to close today sept 4 but LO is saying the underwriter said she can't make a decision on my credit because " I HAVE A DISPUTE ON MY CREDID WITH MY CAR LOAN" i only dispute the principle balance because the amount they were report was 3 months behind and i wanted a current balance on my car loan. Isn't my right to dispute inaccurate information on my credit report? Does this sound right or am been discriminated on. By the way the lender is Wells Fargo Fico's Tu 674 ex 634 eq 654
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: underwriter

I have heard that when you dispute an item it is removed from your credit report for scoring purposes.  Was this a recnt dispute and have there been any drop ar jumps in your credit score?

If the dispute did remove the car from the credit scoring (seeing how it is a large item) maybe it is making the lender jumpy.  That said, it sounds liek a load of crap.  I am nto sure why it would matter unless it is a highyl negative account and by dipsuting it and removing it from scoring currently you are inflating your score?  Again does not sound right either way but I don't understand alot of the dispute stuff.

It probably just comes down to you disputing the accuracy of the balance on a large account that they have to use for DTI purposes.  If DTI is close maybe they want to make sure they are using an accurate balance.  Still doesn't make sense as the credit report should show the payment which is the number they really care about in terms of the DTI.

Post back when you figure out what the deal is (demand an answer for the LO as to why this is of concern) as I am sure some of us would be very curious.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for you response I forgot to add last week wells fargo credit company called me and toyota financial on 3 way to confirm the principle amonunt own and if that was the reason for the dispute. The  LO told me today they need to re-run my credit without the dispute on my credit. I  thinking i sure look for a different lender before they run my credit again PLEASE HELP

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

kumasi wrote:
Hi everyone, my question is I am in escrow and was suppose to close today sept 4 but LO is saying the underwriter said she can't make a decision on my credit because " I HAVE A DISPUTE ON MY CREDID WITH MY CAR LOAN" i only dispute the principle balance because the amount they were report was 3 months behind and i wanted a current balance on my car loan. Isn't my right to dispute inaccurate information on my credit report? Does this sound right or am been discriminated on. By the way the lender is Wells Fargo Fico's Tu 674 ex 634 eq 654

underwriters do not discriminate.

especially a wells fargo underwriter.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.