Valued Member

Re: Chances of getting a mortgage!

BUMP!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Xev0luti0nXx wrote:
Hello once again, this question goes out to anyone who might just happen to be a Mortgage broker or into real estate.

I currently live in Michigan and if you have read any of my other posts you will know I am looking to buy a house in Jan-Feb of 09. I am hoping to have my scores up to 620 by then, maybe higher.

All of my debt will be paid off in November - December of this year so my debt to income ratio will be ideal and I should have 20-25k in the savings.

The homes that I am looking at in my area range from 95-110k, do you think I would have a chance at getting a mortgage for this and would it be at a decent interest rate? Down payment percentage?

At the time I apply (if I don't stray from my current ways) I will have not had any baddies for 2 years. I also make around 60k a year. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

I do not see anything negative except your scores are under 620.  Pay everything on time from now till forever.  You should easily qualify for an FHA loan. 
Message 3 of 10
Xev0luti0nXx
Valued Member

Message Edited by Xev0luti0nXx on 03-19-2008 05:16 AM
Message 4 of 10
Xev0luti0nXx
Valued Member

Bump!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Xev0luti0nXx wrote:
Anyone a Mortgage Broker from Michigan that might be able to add a little more insight? Thanks!

I know you will not listen to anyone except a Michiganian.  I suggest that you read about the requirements of a FHA loan on their website.  You will see that you should not have any problems.  Unless you mess up within the last year. 
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you'll be in great shape, just make sure you stay on top of your debts and follow the market as much as possible regarding home prices and interest rates so you can get the best deal possible.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

MortgageSolutions wrote:
Sounds like you'll be in great shape, just make sure you stay on top of your debts and follow the market as much as possible regarding home prices and interest rates so you can get the best deal possible.

Exactly, it's impossible to predict what interest rates and mortgage trends will be in 12 months' time ... wish I had that crystal ball to tell me when to refi ... Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Xev0luti0nXx
Valued Member

Message Edited by Xev0luti0nXx on 03-19-2008 05:16 AM
Message 9 of 10
Xev0luti0nXx
Valued Member

BUMP!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.