Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

urgent help needed

tag
jaron002
Established Member

urgent help needed

Hello all and tanks ahead of time. Let me start off by saying I love this place you folks are so informative.
Ok so I'm in the process of buying my first home and building my credit has been easy so far. Yesterday the bank accepted our offer and my lender wanted to pull my credit to see if I got the 10 points I needed to close.( my middle score was 610) since im so damn lucky we found out a collection from 07 was sold to a CA and pretty much destroyed my score the acency is lvnv funding and they will not pfd. That collection is for 600.Also on my profile 2 other collections that the CA's agreeds to pfd never deleted. And the account that lvnv brought from tribute master card is still showing. I need to know how can I get all of this crap deleted fairly quick to obtain my dream home. I still have about 2 months if I tell them I want to close in 45 days and stall with signing the latest paper work they need me to sign by 2 weeks from yesterday. My LO can rapid rescore also but whaat can I do
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: urgent help needed

If they will not accept a PFD, there is no other magical solution. Is the issue with your lender that you just need to get your score up a bit? If so, then get your util down to 1% on 1 card, 0 on the rest if you haven't already... that should get you the points you need.

Unfortunately collection accounts are a negative item and they will hurt your score for the full reporting term. Paying them off has 0 effect on your FICO score, but some lenders do require it. New FHA laws will make it mandatory on larger collective balances. Learn from past misstakes and good luck going forward.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
jaron002
Established Member

I have 3 cards 2 have 0 balance one has 1 dollar I have an auto loan with 12 months excellent payments and that's all the good accounts I have.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two weeks isn't much time to do anything especially with pesky collections. If you know someone with an old, <9% balance, high limit CC that has excellent payment history you could ask to be added as an authorized user but that will only do you good if the statement is closing within a week or so as that's usually when they post credit information.

Message 4 of 6
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Sounds like you have a very thin file, so the affect of the derogs will harm it even more than a thicker file.

Can always keep contacting the collection/charge off companies begging, but they have no obligation to remove anything nor will they be likely if they are already paid.

If they do agree to a PFD, you must always get it in writing, or it is unfortunately meaningless. They will lie, cheat and do whatever they can to get your money, then they don't care.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Did you get it in writing for the ones that agreed to delete?  If so, call and remind them very nicely.  If it still isnt done, then maybe you need to remind them not so nicely in writing that you have a written contract from them.  If they give you the ol' "We deleted it now it's up to the CRA's,", don't buy it.  Have them send in the forms AGAIN to delete.  You can also send in the letter you have from them if need be - (to cra) - but that's a last resort.

Regarding the stubborn collection, what have you tried for your pfd?  Letters, emails, calls, faxes, begging, these things are highly effective methods.   I have gotten most everything removed this way - some I have had to escalate into ITS letters (Which I did have a reason to sue over, so don't do this unless you do), but, as said, it's gone.  Though it took far longer than the 2 months you have.

Regardless,  get on those CA's that already agreed to delete, relentlessly, and then get on LNLV with all you have.  Sweet will get you what you want, so don't be nasty.  Talk to managers, CEO's.  I've even gotten ahold of the OC's top dog (twice - two different collections) and they put in a call to the CA for me.

Good Luck!!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.