Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usda direct loans tx

tag
wittmc
New Visitor

usda direct loans tx

OK so my husband and I are in the beginning stages of our application (direct). I sent in everything they asked for, Thursday I received a list of a few more things that I need to send in. One was a credit report marked with stars. I am suppose to explain each of them. Ally are medical bills, there's one old credit car from 2008 a low balance, and the rest is a bunch of stuff that my husband's family opened without us even knowing. An electric bill, phone bill, and cable bill. Are they expecting me to pay all of this for approval. I don't mind paying the old cc bill but these utilities that his family has left on his credit shouldn't be our responsibility. In reality I don't have the money to pay these things off. Anyone have any experience with this? I am using the McKinney tax office if that helps. We need this loan bad, the place we rent now is in awful condition.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: usda direct loans tx

If you have a 640 score the collections wouldn't be a problem - at least that is how it is on the Guaranteed side.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
rideswithchrist1
New Contributor

I am not sure about the credit scores. They seem to look through your history well if it is below 640. 

We are in Austin and I applied on Feb 1st (actually it was Jan 27th, but they dated it at Feb 1) and I got a letter stating the got my application and it was on file but there was no funding to consider it, and the wait is currently 6 months. I called in November of last year and they didnt have funding then either, so I hope it is 6 months from then and not now- BUT nothing said we were qualified or not and I know they cashed our check for the credit report so I have no idea!

Everyone else I talked to say they got a letter stating they were qualified for an amount pending funding. Ours seemed more like they would not move forward until funds area available.

I HOPE all of Texas gets funded soon. 

Keep me posted here, if it is too long of a wait, we may try the guaranteed loan, but we are very low or low income so we need to use the direct to stay around what we pay in rent right now.

Message 3 of 4
rideswithchrist1
New Contributor

Write letters of explaination for each of the items they starred. 

If the thing that was opened by your husband's family is actually not yours, you should dispute that with the credit reporting agencies. I would suggest you find a homebuying counselor in your area that can assist you with that. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.