Regular Contributor
themizlyne

Re: usda loans and out of pocket costs

Why is that? Appraisal came back higher than contract - or am I missing something?
New Visitor
jackyyrose

Themizlyn, we only have $1000 difference between purchase price and appraisal price, so that only allows is to finance $1000 worth of closing costs, , our closing costs are at $9,300!! So we needed the appraisal to come bac at like$104,000
Senior Contributor
Wanderer

My USDA Loan came out with me only paying for the home inspection $400. Got a great rate for 30 years. All other costs were reimbursed. My lendor was resourceful in making sure I came out where I needed to.
shakeone

No, the closing cost should only be 3-5% of the purchased price. Additional financed numbers should be factored into the loan. Ask to have the home owners insurance and property taxes escrow into the monthly mortgage. If the house is appraised for more than the asking price then ask to use the equity and add the remaining cost into the loan. It will still be cheaper to factor in amount over 30 years and have additional money in your pocket now. Just research as much as you can and go back to your LO with questions.

shakeone

Did you ask the seller to cover any closing cost?  Don't give up. I've been under 3 contracts this year along, and each time I learn more about the process. Sometimes I think this process is meant to discourage people. Stay the course, you'll find what works. The reward will be worth it. Stay encouraged

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+