Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

va loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

va loan

hey peoples how goes it it.  Had a question about va loans,  i'm about 4 months away from trying to buy a house,  my question is that im going through va and wanted to know how hard you think it would be for me to get approved(125,000).  my lowest fico score it 514 but my other to are 600 and 610.  by the end of next month i will have my 2 credit cards paid down 90% so i think my scores will be even higher i have no late in any of my bills for at least 2 yrs i make around 60000 a year going on three years at that job and have rented for 13yrs at the same residence
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: va loan

What type of other monthly payments (credit cards, car loans, student loans, etc.) will you have at the time you plan on applying?

You think your 600'ish scores are mainly because of high credit card utilization right now?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

both my credit card were at max but i managed to pay one down and workin on theother one but there have been credit issues 7 to 10 years ago.  thats why i believe my score will go up
Message 3 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

What type of other monthly payments (credit cards, car loans, student loans, etc.) will you have at the time you plan on applying?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

just the regular utility and a personal loan of 100 a month to paid off next year
Message 5 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

With that last question I was just trying to figure out if your debt to income ratio was good or not, and it was.  So you should be good to go for the VA loan.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanxs shane for the input i'll keep you posted on what happens
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.