Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

va student loan discharge and buying a home

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

va student loan discharge and buying a home

I called to check on my recent tpd discharge from nel net and they said i had been approved. my question is how will this effect my credit score. i am currently rebuilding my credit to purchase a house and my student loans have 17 late payments beacause i didnt know they wernt in forberance. my student loans are from navient. will having these loans discharged helped my over all credit score? has anyone seen a raise with this? ive searched and searched and cant find anything.

my current profile looks as such: cap one credit card turns a year old in july paid on time and never late (platinum card) 500 limit and 236 balance( when updates will have 5 balance)

cap one quick silver card turns one year old also in july never late 300 limit and 95 dollar balance (waiting to report a 5 dollar balance update)

have a kay jewler card year old with 0 balance on it and 500 limit

have a credit one card with 0 balance and 400 limit

two old collections that were included in my 2012 bankruptcy chapter 7

two judgements that were also included in bk in 2012

have a auto loan 30k at 1.9% financing a year old in july that has never been paid late

all of my baddies are pre 2012 which are listed as above.

my student loan discharge will back date to the day i became disabled so a couple of the vavient late payments will get erased .

im trying to purchase a home so if someone has had any experience with a va student loan discharge and how this effected their credit can you please let me know. im getting stressed out thinking about it because im finally starting to get my credit under control.

my current fico 08 scores from myfico are as follows:  eqifax-605, transunion-646, experian-626

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.