Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wanting to buy 2nd home

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

wanting to buy 2nd home

1/6/16 went to bank to pull credit for second home,low 500's 1/13/17 morgage scores 682.675.650 one old medical collection popped up last month now have 3 medical collections.04/13/17 morgage scores 695.656.646 .Gona try to get paid for delete on the 3 collections.2 already said they would but wouldnt do it in writting.last one was 1334.00 total n wrote letter saying settle paid in full for 600.00,haven't checked for pfd with them yet.House we live in now owe about 7000.00 and we rented it out in the past.Got married and moved to hubbys house for 4 years then sold it.We have 20,000.00 down payment looking to buy 150k or less house.Just wondering since middle score is 656 .what kind of morgage can i get,if i go conventional what do i need to bring middle score too to get good payments.if i go usda,fha,thda what is best middle score?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: wanting to buy 2nd home

If they won't PFD, then I suggest you look into the HIPAA process for the medical collections.  If you can't wait, then not to worry because medical collections aren't looked at very seriously when it comes to getting approved for a mortgage. 

For conventional, a 680 score is good to aim for... FHA a 620 is good to aim for.  USDA a 640 is good to aim for.  THDA requires a 640 score (you can read the full guidelines at https://thda.org/business-partners/lenders by clicking on Originating Agents Guide).

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.