cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

was your week prior to close this stressful?

tag
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

was your week prior to close this stressful?

This is our first home purchase and has been a long 4 month process. 

We close on Friday, and I can NOT stop checking my email every 5 minutes. I am driving myself crazy. 

It sure did not help either this morning when I saw the lender call our HR department for the last VOE, and then the LO emails me to tell me my file is with the closers now. 

Not to mention our rental house is a freakin mess. It looks like a tornado came through here twice. 

Were you on pins and needles like this? Please tell me I am not alone. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: was your week prior to close this stressful?

Yes I was going crazy, couldn't believe it when we finally closed.

Message 2 of 8
guykara
Frequent Contributor

Coming from someone who is about 5 months from starting the building process and about 11 months from closing, I can't wait to feel what you're feeling.

Starting Scores (10/18/2013): EX: 603 | EQ: 572 | TU: 659
5/05/2014 EX: 628 | EQ: 627 | TU: 623
5/25/2014: EX: 628 | EQ: 635 | TU: 623
Current Scores: EX: 670 | EQ: 663 | TU: 681
Goal Scores: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

Yes I was going crazy, couldn't believe it when we finally closed.

I think I will feel the same way. 

I wasnt excited at all these past few months. I am more of a Debbie Downer - so I thought negative the entire time. I think its starting to sink in now though, with closing only 3 days away. My LO basically emailed me a "goodbye" email this morning. I havent felt this "i cant believe its really happening" feeling since I got married. hahahahah. 

I know one thing, I never want to go through this process again. What a freakin rollercoaster!

Message 4 of 8
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

@guykara wrote:

Coming from someone who is about 5 months from starting the building process and about 11 months from closing, I can't wait to feel what you're feeling.

hahaha - Its not all sh!ts and giggles thats for sure. 

Your home will take 6 months to build???? are you buying a mansion? :0

We did a build job and it took right around 2 and half months... I can not imagine going through this process for any longer than that!

Message 5 of 8
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

My build is certainly NOT a mansion but it is 4-6 months as well.  And it will start 6/1 (or thats the plan) they won't start till I finish selecting everything and we put in the contract that all my choice have to be set by 6/1.  No changes after that.  I went once by myself and did an initial pick but am rethinking a few items.  I will be going with my niece tomorrow and will make final choice.  I have told myself once 6/1 gets here I just won't think "what if I had......" 

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 6 of 8
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

@TimeToRecover wrote:

My build is certainly NOT a mansion but it is 4-6 months as well.  And it will start 6/1 (or thats the plan) they won't start till I finish selecting everything and we put in the contract that all my choice have to be set by 6/1.  No changes after that.  I went once by myself and did an initial pick but am rethinking a few items.  I will be going with my niece tomorrow and will make final choice.  I have told myself once 6/1 gets here I just won't think "what if I had......" 

"what if I had...." ran through our minds almost daily. We got around that by thinking about the money needed to make those changes once the build started. The builder wanted like $500 for each change. Even if we wanted something small like adding an extra outlet in the garage. I will tell you that we picked all our options, then a little over a month into the build, while we were debating on those options we picked, the builder called to have us RE-pick because some of the stone, granite, carpet was no longer available. Worked in our favor because we wanted to change the granite anyways. Ha! Maybe something similar will happen to you =)

Message 7 of 8
guykara
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, most builders in my area take 5-6 months. Between now and September/October I'm just working raising my credit as high as possible / saving money / figuring out the right community. So difficult to analyze everything, stay calm, and be confident with my decisions!

Starting Scores (10/18/2013): EX: 603 | EQ: 572 | TU: 659
5/05/2014 EX: 628 | EQ: 627 | TU: 623
5/25/2014: EX: 628 | EQ: 635 | TU: 623
Current Scores: EX: 670 | EQ: 663 | TU: 681
Goal Scores: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.