Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what do loan officers see?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what do loan officers see?

When a loan officer pulls our credit report is it as detailed as what we see when we pull directly from the CRA?  For example my EQ shows my payment history for the past five years.  Do they see the same thing?  Just as detailed?

TIA

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: what do loan officers see?

The payment history usually comes through but sometimes the "comments" do not and might even have different comments on the credit report.  For example on some put together trade lines I created, a charge-off it would appear as:  

Account Name/Number (Sources) Past due MR Last

Open High Payment Balance MOP Status Rptd 30 60 90+ MD MxDlq

9. CAPITAL 1 BK/123456 (EFX,XPN,TUC) I 02-05 1819 N/A 1819 R-9 COLL/P&L 07-07 02 03 03 96 01-01 Hist: 07-07 999999-99999999---999999 CLSD 07-07 APP Term: REV Lates: ADDT'L LATES PRIOR TO 7-04 ACCT SUBMITTED TO COLLECTION COLL 07-06 CHARGE OFF CHRG $878 CHRG 02-01 CLOSED BY CREDITOR PAST DUE PAST $1819 CLOSED BY CONSUMER

On an OK account it would appear as

16. THD/CBUSA/123456 (EFX,XPN,TUC) I 02-05 3451 0 0 R-1 CURRENT 07-07 00 00 00 30 Hist: 07-07 111111111111111111 PYMT 05-07 APP Ctgy: CHARGE ACCOUNT Term: REV Lmt: 4800 CHARGE

The "Hist:" means the payment history.  1's are on time payments.  2's are 30 day lates, 3's are 60 day lates, 4's are 90 day lates, 5's are 120 day lates and then there are 8's & 9's which denotes it was marked as "in default" for that month.  It also will give a historical payment history under the "past due" section where it says how many "30", "60", and "90+" day late payments there has been in the months reported or "MR" on the credit report.  It'll say what type of account (revolving, installment, open, mortgage) where it says "R-9" & "R-1", those are both revolving accounts.  If it's a delinquent account there is usually some comments like there is in the above example, so someone reading might be able to match it up to the collection account elsewhere on the credit report, help determine when items actually went first delinquent, etc.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Shane!  We are going to talk to a loan officer tomorrow just to start getting things together to apply in January or Feb. and see what their requirements are.   I plan to take copies of my credit report and just wondered what they would see if they were to pull a report.  (which were not doing yet)

Thanks for the info.

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Shane!  We are going to talk to a loan officer tomorrow just to start getting things together to apply in January or Feb. and see what their requirements are.   I plan to take copies of my credit report and just wondered what they would see if they were to pull a report.  (which were not doing yet)

Thanks for the info.

if you are worried about really old stuff.... don't be!!

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.