cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what should I expect after calling LO and starting the pre approval process?

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

what should I expect after calling LO and starting the pre approval process?

My scores re 607, 624, 627...I wish they were higher and I could wait, but cant. I have all docs ready to send (w2's, bank statements, etc) but do they need them now? I have NO debt to speak of...but I do have new credit established, 1 year of on time rent payments, 10 collections that are 5.5 yrs old, 25K in savings. What is to be expected? Will I get an approval and will it be today or sometime this century? Will it pass auto approval or go to manual? Any insight from any of you out there in ficoland would be appreciated!! Smiley Happy)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what should I expect after calling LO and starting the pre approval process?

@damnedanddetermined wrote:

My scores re 607, 624, 627...I wish they were higher and I could wait, but cant. I have all docs ready to send (w2's, bank statements, etc) but do they need them now? I have NO debt to speak of...but I do have new credit established, 1 year of on time rent payments, 10 collections that are 5.5 yrs old, 25K in savings. What is to be expected? Will I get an approval and will it be today or sometime this century? Will it pass auto approval or go to manual? Any insight from any of you out there in ficoland would be appreciated!! Smiley Happy)

If those are true mortgage scores then your 624  middle score  will be used.   It's possible you may be required to pay off any accounts in collections.  It depend on the Lender's overlays.   Be prepared to write letter of explanatons for all the accounts in collections, any large deposits and late payments.    If you have multiple addresses listed on your credit reports you'd ahve to write an LOX for it as well as any mismatch names.   If you have revolving accounts with balances payiing those down will help increase your FICO score.   You say you can't  wait to improve your score before applying for a mortgage.  But it may be your best options or you'd be paying higher interest and PMI.  There are some loan programs that doesn't have PMI.  What state are you located?   Good luck!  

Message 2 of 6
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Re: what should I expect after calling LO and starting the pre approval process?

tn, and those are my fico 8 scores....hate to pay again for mortgage scores! According to my fico 8 scores, whatcha think the mortgage scores will be? And what score will get me through the gate? Thanks weatherguy!!

Message 3 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

No way to know your mortgage scores by looking at your FICO 8 scores.

My mortgage scores are higher than my FICO 8 scores and I have read other posts that their mortgage scores are lower.

Spend the $ to find out for sure....then you won't waste an application fee if you aren't quite ready just yet.

Message 4 of 6
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

startingover10~ what is a good/qualified/approved "mortgage score"? We all know we have to have a 620 fico 8 or higher, but havent heard much about what ballpark  mortgage score needs to be in

Message 5 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@damnedanddetermined wrote:

startingover10~ what is a good/qualified/approved "mortgage score"? We all know we have to have a 620 fico 8 or higher, but havent heard much about what ballpark  mortgage score needs to be in

You have to have a minimum 620 mortgage mid score for many mortgage lenders, some require 640 minimum and some require 660 minimum. It is specific to the lender and the program you select.   I have only heard of one lender that uses FICO 8 scores, every other lender uses mortgage scores.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/FICO-scores-used-for-mortgage-and-where-to-obtain-the...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.