Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when should I refinance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

when should I refinance?

After my credit cards update, I should have an average FICO of at least 700, probably around 720's.  I currently have a home loan @ 8.375 for 52,200.  I desperately need to refinance.  I am a nurse with good work history, but quit my job for 2 years to raise my daughter.  I have only been at my current job for 4 months.  I make approx $48,000 / y.  When should I be eligible to refinance, and would I be better off going through my current bank in which my loan is through since I have never been late, and only 4 months of working?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: when should I refinance?

How long were you working before quitting to raise your daughter? Are you still in the same line of work now?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I graduated college in 1999, went directly to work until october 2005.  I resumed working in November 2007, in the same field of work.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called my bank with whom my current mortgage is through, they said I could refinance, and their rate would be 6.375 with no points with an average of 720.  Could I possibly do better with somebody else, and where do I look? 
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What state is your property in?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indiana
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.