cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who is best for primary borrower or co-borrower?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

who is best for primary borrower or co-borrower?

Wife and I would like to know who would be best to be the borrower and co-borrower?

Wife...Has better credit score but low income, however stable job and secure

husband (Me) has good credit (but wife is better) but have more income (double than wife)..

Would it make a different in term of interest rate? who would be best for primary borrower and why?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: who is best for primary borrower or co-borrower?

It would not make a difference who was primary. The interest rate will be based off the lower midscore between you and your significant other. Hope that helps Smiley Happy
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wife and I would like to know who would be best to be the borrower and co-borrower?

Wife...Has better credit score but low income, however stable job and secure

husband (Me) has good credit (but wife is better) but have more income (double than wife)..

Would it make a different in term of interest rate? who would be best for primary borrower and why?

Thanks

Makes no difference to the lender as both are fully obligated to repay the loan. Lower of your two middle score and combined income/DTI will be used by lender to determine your qualification for the loan for which you apply.

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i have always put the highest paid borrower first, and the other is the coborrower.

dont remember who told me that or why but have been doing it for 10yrs and have never had the subject come up since.

and it doesn't matter if you are on the left side or right side of the application. you are equal applicants

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.