cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why did they only offer me a balloon mortgage?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: why did they only offer me a balloon mortgage?

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

small banks who dont sell their loans offer these to protect themselves against rising interest rates.

What small bank or warehouse line lender is portfolioing conventional loans these days?  Thought that was long since gone out of the market, interesting point though.

        
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure why the interest part was so high, I just assumed it was because my score wasn't 700+

I was approved for the loan though and I put in my bid for the home wednesday morning at 11am, they were given until noon friday (today) to get back with me on an answer and I heard through some mutual's yesterday however that they were giving the home to someone in their family whose home burnt a few months back, none of these people knew I was looking or even bid on that home though so I'm not sure if its true or not but I will find out by noon today hopefully.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They finally called me at 6pm on the 12th, Realtor said he had no idea but the family member had looked and bid for the home on May 9th (without his knowledge) she was pre-approved when I went in on May 10th to place my offer on the home - but, he then told me they wouldnt find out if she was approved until the 18th, but that if she wasn't approved, they were going to accept my offer.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.