cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will late mortgage payments prevent me from getting another home loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

will late mortgage payments prevent me from getting another home loan?

My credit score is in the mid 650s across the board and i would be putting down 30-40% ( 40-60,000) with the pending sale of my current home but I have a couple 30 days lates in the last 12 months.  Will this prevent me from getting any kind of conventional loan or do I have to have 0 lates in the last 12 months?  Currently i have a FHA

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: will late mortgage payments prevent me from getting another home loan?

Ive always been told no lates in 12 months on anything that wouls show up on credit report.  We had mortgage lates and had to wait until they hit that 1 year mark. 

Message 2 of 4
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My credit score is in the mid 650s across the board and i would be putting down 30-40% ( 40-60,000) with the pending sale of my current home but I have a couple 30 days lates in the last 12 months.  Will this prevent me from getting any kind of conventional loan or do I have to have 0 lates in the last 12 months?  Currently i have a FHA

Hi Myyellowis300,

It all depends on whether or not you can get approved through an Automated Underwriting System. I think with that much money down you stand a pretty decent chance of getting approved for a conventional loan. 

If it doesn't, I would decrease the amount down & try FHA. 

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 3 of 4
kc0039
Established Contributor

You can have up to two 30 plus day lates in your mortgage in the past 12 months. It will have to depend on the Automated Underwrting System which VA Loan Master stated.

Licensed in IL
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.