Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

with usda

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

with usda

How long is it taking for most appraisals.?

I signed a contract June 27-2012.

Submitted app at the bank July 2 and got the gfe and rate.

Home inspection was July 5 2012.

Really haven't heard anything since then besides my agent telling me there geting the home all ready it was a model home so they took out all the furniture and turned the office back to a gargage.

And when i talked to the loan officer this past Friday she informed me you're title search and appraisal have been ordred. Just thought I would have heard something by now this is all new to me my agent is good but my loan officer seems really busy now all of sudden.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
languedoctor
Valued Member

Re: with usda

Just closed on a USDA mortgage last week. For what it's worth, the IN USDA office had my file on 6/14, and approved the mortgage on 7/11. 

There's probably nothing wrong. It's just a slow process.

Barclay's Aviator Red | Bank of America Cash Rewards | Chase Freedom | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select | Discover It
(too dumb to figure out images)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea thats what the builders agent said as well as my loan officer. I'm in ohio. I understand usda is going to be slow but should the appraisal be slow as well? It my understanding after the appraisal it then goes to the usda office? Correct.
Message 3 of 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yea thats what the builders agent said as well as my loan officer. I'm in ohio. I understand usda is going to be slow but should the appraisal be slow as well? It my understanding after the appraisal it then goes to the usda office? Correct.

Appraisers are busy also. Generally speaking they usually appraise your home with-in 1 week of the appraisal being ordered. But YMMV depending on how busy they are.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.