cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work number employment verification is wrong

tag
venasera03

work number employment verification is wrong

I got 10 days till my closing and one of the conditions the underwriter has come back with is to verify my employment. This is for my part time job. Well you see the company I work for I have been there for 2 years. But sometime this year we merged with another company with a totally different name. Now the underwriter has come back saying it is not clear who I work for because my check stubs say this name and my employment verification is another name. To top it off they tried verification through the work number and it says I started March this year. Which is wrong. I'm assuming they have that date because it is the day the companies merged. Anyone else ever had this sort of problem and can give some advice? I have emailed and faxed over forms for them to fill out but I can't get anyone actually on the phone they just direct me to the payroll dept. Email and fax. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: work number employment verification is wrong

Employment verification documents has to go from the lender directly to the employer and directly back tothe lender ... never being in the hands of the mortgage applicant.

I recommend that you write a letter of explanation and try to produce some documentation on the merger of the two companies to go with the LOX. This is not an unusual situation and your lender should be able to handle it by sending verification documentation to both companies' HR/payroll contacts.

Message 2 of 4
allnicksgone
Established Member

A similar thing happened to me. I had two w2 forms for the same year because my company was bought by another. I wrote a letter of explanation stating what happened and that I retained the same job, and kept my seniority. My broker also included a news article he found online. This was all done preemptively, and sent to the underwriter. The subject was never brought up by underwriter after that.
Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@venasera03 wrote:

I got 10 days till my closing and one of the conditions the underwriter has come back with is to verify my employment. This is for my part time job. Well you see the company I work for I have been there for 2 years. But sometime this year we merged with another company with a totally different name. Now the underwriter has come back saying it is not clear who I work for because my check stubs say this name and my employment verification is another name. To top it off they tried verification through the work number and it says I started March this year. Which is wrong. I'm assuming they have that date because it is the day the companies merged. Anyone else ever had this sort of problem and can give some advice? I have emailed and faxed over forms for them to fill out but I can't get anyone actually on the phone they just direct me to the payroll dept. Email and fax. Thanks!

1st of all, you should not be sending them forms to fill out.... they would not be accepted.

The lender needs to send the employment verifs

My clients have found success in going thru theior own boss.... who goes thru the ranks to find a competent hr person to be your contact. Give the contact info to lender

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.