cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worried about a home loan and pregnant... time limit... help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

worried about a home loan and pregnant... time limit... help!

Ok, so a while back I talked to a lender who said my score was high enough (at the time 641) but the only problem was that I only had one score! So at the very beginning of Dec. 2012 I got a US bank secured credit card. From what I have researched they report to all three credit bureaus. Here it is Jan. and I am due May 5th. I was hoping to be in our new house before May. Here's a list of my recent credit score and job info etc. just things that I am hoping will help me out...

credit score has gone up every month now at 672

I had a collections account from an old medical bill, but it is so old it is not hurting me so much anymore (it's 5 years old)

the only debt I have is my car which has been reported pay as agreed (another reason my score keeps climbing)

The Us bank card has already started reporting. I have not maxed it out and plan to just use around half and pay it off every month.

I have been at my job for a year and a half

by the time we apply for the loan we will have a few thousand in the savings

the home we are wanting is around 30,000 (a fixer upper) or any home we get we where wanting to fix up ourselves and don't really want to go over 80,000

Hubby is on the card also but has not so good credit from school loans and medical bills, so we were just going to go off of my credit. I don't know if they will even take his income into consideration. He has been at his current job for two years. I make about 28,000 a year and hubby makes about the same.  I will probably have to work till the last minute with this pregnancy, but I do get 60 percent of my pay for 6 weeks plus my vacation time to take off. 

So all you lenders out there, how does my situation look? Does it seem feasable to get a mortgage in a couple months or less? 

may I also add it's a single family home in the country, its in southern ky. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: worried about a home loan and pregnant... time limit... help!

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so a while back I talked to a lender who said my score was high enough (at the time 641) but the only problem was that I only had one score! So at the very beginning of Dec. 2012 I got a US bank secured credit card. From what I have researched they report to all three credit bureaus. Here it is Jan. and I am due May 5th. I was hoping to be in our new house before May. Here's a list of my recent credit score and job info etc. just things that I am hoping will help me out...

credit score has gone up every month now at 672

I had a collections account from an old medical bill, but it is so old it is not hurting me so much anymore (it's 5 years old)

the only debt I have is my car which has been reported pay as agreed (another reason my score keeps climbing)

The Us bank card has already started reporting. I have not maxed it out and plan to just use around half and pay it off every month.

I have been at my job for a year and a half

by the time we apply for the loan we will have a few thousand in the savings

the home we are wanting is around 30,000 (a fixer upper) or any home we get we where wanting to fix up ourselves and don't really want to go over 80,000

Hubby is on the card also but has not so good credit from school loans and medical bills, so we were just going to go off of my credit. I don't know if they will even take his income into consideration. He has been at his current job for two years. I make about 28,000 a year and hubby makes about the same.  I will probably have to work till the last minute with this pregnancy, but I do get 60 percent of my pay for 6 weeks plus my vacation time to take off. 

So all you lenders out there, how does my situation look? Does it seem feasable to get a mortgage in a couple months or less? 

You will have to shop lenders, as obtaining a 30K mortgage loan will not be easy to find. Most lenders have a minimum.

Your husbands income can be used but must pass all other requirements, credit scores etc etc...

You have to be employed 2 years unless you went from college to working in the same field. So you may not qualify yet.

If US Bank started reporting to all three bureaus then you will eventually have a credit score on all three bureaus. It will take 6 months to establish a FICO score on your credit reports. In this scenario you have 5 more months of reporting to generate a FICO score. You may qualify for alternate tradelines in lieu of credit.

In my opinion you will not qualify for at least another 6 months to obtain your FICO scores. Any other requirements would have to be looked at once you obtain your credit scores. You do have the option of applying for a personal loan, and or finding investors.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.