Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free FICO scores for online banking customers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Free FICO scores for online banking customers

Hi,

Really, its not a FICO score? What is it? I do know that it is the same score I received from other sources. Please let me know...

Dave

Message 51 of 56
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

CreditKarma gets all of their data and scores from TrueCredit (aka TrueLink...that's the data provider), as evidenced by all of the TC links on their website. CK's score is a FAKO called a TransRisk score. Here's what CK's provider, TrueCredit, says about the provided score:

TrueLink is not connected in any way with Fair, Isaac and Company; the credit score provided here is not a so-called FICO score.

If you pulled CK's score today and the TU FICO from this website, you'll see two different scores.

Aside from myFICO, the only place you can pull your own TU FICO score is via transunioncs.com (note the -cs).

Message 52 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clearing this up for me...

Brodave

Message 53 of 56
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

ConcordUser, here's the press release on this from PSECU:

http://www.psecu.com/About_Us/News/Press_Release/2008/20080929.html

http://www.psecu.com/pressreleases/20080929.aspx

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 54 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh Great!! It is mind-blowing opinion to have access to FICO scores. Thanks for sharing.  

Message 55 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up for myfico.com because I read an article on MSN that reported myfico as the only place to purchase your actual fico score...myfico is the only source I trust based mostly on that article.  I joined in March this year to try to get a handle on my credit report so I could hopefully buy a house someday.  I think that every credit company (TU, EX, & EQ) should give you your true fico score every month, quarter, 6 months, or at least each year.  But that is a pipe dream as it is hard enough just to get them to give you your credit report (even with annualcreditreport.com I have had my share of hurdles to jump)

I think that your bank/credit union in the perfect avenue for the credit bureaus to deliver your fico to you, afterall it is my score and I think I am entitled to see it and repair it when needed!  I look forward to this coming to fruition!

~ Mnstr

slowly building my scores.....

3/09 TU: 576    EQ: 564    EX: 572

6/09 TU: 590    EQ: 578    EX: ???

9/09 TU: 625    EQ: ???    EX: ???

Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.