Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$200 Nationwide Checking Bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$200 Nationwide Checking Bonus

I just opened a Nationwide Checking Account with $200 bonus.

Easy $200 bucks. Requirements below. Close the account after 6 months. Only do $200 DD until you get bonus then switch it to $25 after to avoid the fee while waiting to close account.

How to receive the bonus: To get your $200, open a new E-Checking account by 6/30/2015 with a $50 minimum balance using the offer code 03110473, then set up an automatic monthly direct deposit of at least $200 into your E-Checking account. Your monthly direct deposit of $200 must be received within 60 days of opening the account. Direct deposits must be ACH credits made by an employer or outside agency (such as pension or government benefit payments). Online transfers or other types of deposits are not considered direct deposits. The account must remain open for at least 90 days to receive the $200 bonus. The $200 bonus will be deposited into your new account within 2 weeks following the 90 day minimum requirement. This $200 bonus offer is limited to one per household and is not available to existing checking customers. Nationwide Bank reserves the right to withdraw any offer at anytime.

To avoid an $8 per month fee, you will need to sign up for at least one direct deposit of $25 per month AND make at least 8 debit card transactions per statement period OR maintain a combined average daily balance among your Nationwide Bank deposit accounts of at least $10,000 (excludes CD account balances).

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $200 Nationwide Checking Bonus

Yes! I signed up for it two weeks ago. The only hassle for me is the 8 debit card transactions per month. I use my rewards cards to pay for everything so I just need to get used to paying for small charges with it. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to do 8 x .50 Amazon GC charges! Makes it easy. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Thanks for posting this, banks certainly are upping the ante to get your accounts, a month or so ago someone posted a link for getting $300 for opening a checking account with Chase, their standard offer is $150 so I jumped on it. For Chase to get the bonus & avoid any fees you needed to have at minimum of $500/mo. in direct deposit, so I moved my part time county direct deposit salary to Chase, but I got the bonus credited to my account in the first month. I'll pass on Nationwide, I don't like the idea of waiting 90 days to get the bonus and can't keep changing my county direct deposit, but I also wonder if something like ChexSystems keeps track of opening & closing accounts and at some point you'll get dinged for chasing down bonus signups? I ask because I'm getting ads on Facebook for a $200 bonus for opening an account at BBBV Compass bank, which is nearby, and am thinking they're next.

Message 4 of 6
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

Joined! I will keep a DD for the bonus then close! I love these bonuses tho!

Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going to do 8 x .50 Amazon GC charges! Makes it easy. Smiley Happy

ha ! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.