cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$500 Chase Checking & Savings Signup Bonus (for existing CC customers?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

$500 Chase Checking & Savings Signup Bonus (for existing CC customers?)

Hello! I got an interesting offer when I logged in to Chase today, thought I'd share in case others might have it or want to take advantage of it. Considering that this is a checking/savings account offer, not a CC, I apologize if this is the wrong forum section! I believe I received it due to my CC relationship with Chase however, so hopefully still relevant!

I logged in to my Chase account today and received a rather nice signup offer for Chase checking and savings accounts. $300 for opening a checking after your first direct deposit, and $200 for opening a savings while depositing and maintaining $15k for 90 days. 

I took a screenshot which I will try to attach here:

Lower down on the page I'm shown a coupon code to provide at a local Chase branch, and am prompted to print the page. Which does make it seem like a targeted offer for specific existing customers. I will provide a link to the page, but I kind of doubt that it will work as it requires login. Perhaps all Chase credit card customers can access it after logging in, but it may be a URL specific to me.

https://www.chase.com/customer/rb_acquisition_336103_xlob06153.html?ID=0000017775&jp_aid_a=63320405&...

If the URL doesn't work then just try logging in to your Chase account and looking at your account overview, that's where I was given the little popup about it.

I'm not sure if I'll be taking advantage of this myself. The 15K requirement for the savings is out of my reach, but the checking offer is doable. I'm really not interested in opening another bank account as I already have my primary bank and 3 CU accounts, 2 of which I will never use. I also don't want an inquiry from it, which will be the main reason not to do it. Still, for $300 it's awful tempting.

Hopefully others here also have been given the offer though!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $500 Chase Checking & Savings Signup Bonus (for existing CC customers?)

Whoa!!! That is quite a sign up bonus! I've had my Chase accounts since it was Washington Mutual so I have never gotten these kinds of deals. I'm jealous!

Message 2 of 12
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

What the hell chase? No branch in North Carolina??? 

Looks like Ill be going to Atlanta soon.... maybe I can stop by a Chase branch there. 

I dont know how they get off not having a branch in Charlotte! unreal. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 3 of 12
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

That is a nice offer. I received one when I logged into my Freedom Today.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strogen wrote:

What the hell chase? No branch in North Carolina??? 

Looks like Ill be going to Atlanta soon.... maybe I can stop by a Chase branch there. 

I dont know how they get off not having a branch in Charlotte! unreal. 

That does seem quite shocking. I can't understand why they wouldn't open one there... Kind of like when I went to Boston earlier this year and found that they had no Wells Fargo banking branches there... Didn't need one but it seemed so weird that they weren't there.

Message 5 of 12
barbaralee
Established Contributor

This is a common offer. Got it a few times at our old place, mailed to us. Got the $300 offer when we changed our address. The only Chase product we have is an Amazon Visa that gets no usage, so i have no idea why they've mailed it to us in the past.

You can also purchase this offer on eBay. I would love to jump on it, but we're pretty settled with our bank. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah okay, I didn't realize it was common, wouldn't have posted if so!

I'm very tempted to open an account for the bonus, also because Chase has been nice to me with their cards lately and I have a nice Chase branch nearby. But I have too many accounts as it is and really have no reason to leave my bank, so the checking would sit there without real use.

Message 7 of 12
barbaralee
Established Contributor

You can always churn it. $300 is still pretty decent. Set up so that a small amount of your direct deposit goes into the chase account, keep it alive for however long they want, there ya go. Smiley Happy I think Doctorofcredit is really big into churning bank accounts. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely thinking about it! I wouldn't mind having a Chase account really, but... I dunno. Tempted.

Probably the main thing is that I told myself no inquires for a year, and I assume they will do an inquiry for this. :/ Perhaps not quite the same as it isn't for a line of credit, but still.

Message 9 of 12
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah okay, I didn't realize it was common, wouldn't have posted if so!

I'm very tempted to open an account for the bonus, also because Chase has been nice to me with their cards lately and I have a nice Chase branch nearby. But I have too many accounts as it is and really have no reason to leave my bank, so the checking would sit there without real use.

Not really that common, and thanks for posting it. Their "standard" offer is $150 for a new checking account w/$500+ per month in direct deposit and $100 for savings w/$10k deposit. Someone posted the $300 offer for checking here a couple months ago and I opened an account in late March, the branch manager (small town SE AZ) was impressed, she said she rarely sees one that high. It's actually a pretty sweet deal, they credited the $300 during the first month, and with timing & my bi-weekly payroll I only had 1 DD for less than $300. By comparison, the current (thru 6/13) offer from Bank of America is also $500. BUT checking has to have $2k in DD within 90 days and savings with deposit of $20k, maintained for at least 30 consecutive days.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.