Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRGC - Personal Loan Offer!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PRGC - Personal Loan Offer!?

I know this isn't for a new cards or CLI or anything but it comes courtesy of my GCPR so i'll post it here in the CC Forums. Logged into mobile banking for my AMEX accounts looking for a Verizon offer i saw on another port here in the forums and to just see what other offers were on the account to load them up since i'll be doing a lot of xmas shopping the next few weeks and dining out quite a bit.

Immediately upon logging on, I received a huge pop-up offer that read "You're pre-approved for a personal loan of up to $ 25,000 at a maximum APR of 14.97%. With fixed monthly payments, no origination fees, and no credit score impact to apply, a NextStepSM Loan could be right for you. Learn More. Terms apply."

Clicked learn more, and you can play with different loan scenarios including terms and interest rate based on the amount borrowed. Thought it was pretty cool.

BOLO to anyone that could take advantage of an offer like this.

*See Screenshot*

Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 8.45.22 PM.png

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX PRGC - Personal Loan Offer!?

I got that offer too but only up to $6200. I have a lot of debt and my income isn't that high and my latest EX fico was only 689, but the extra money comes in handy. I took the offer at $220 monthly payments over 3 years with no prepayment penalty.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too had this offer and was actually going to take it. I only need the minimum amount for my daughter's orthodontic treatment. I have no cc debt to speak of. Well, yesterday I logged on to see it no longer there Smiley Sad.....Now I am looking to see what is available to me. I can go through my local cu but am considering joining Penfed because I feel they could have better rates.I hate paperwork and Im not sure if there would be a waiting period for products after joining.  I wished I would have done the Amex. I called them and apparently you do not get a hard inquiry, but of course, will report on your credit that you now have the loan. Would you report back if you decide to take it?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I too had this offer and was actually going to take it. I only need the minimum amount for my daughter's orthodontic treatment. I have no cc debt to speak of. Well, yesterday I logged on to see it no longer there Smiley Sad.....Now I am looking to see what is available to me. I can go through my local cu but am considering joining Penfed because I feel they could have better rates.I hate paperwork and Im not sure if there would be a waiting period for products after joining.  I wished I would have done the Amex. I called them and apparently you do not get a hard inquiry, but of course, will report on your credit that you now have the loan. Would you report back if you decide to take it?

What about using your Amex with the promotional 6.99% APR? Since you only need a small amount, is it worth applying for another product? Will a personal loan offer a better APR than 6.99%? Good luck!

Message 4 of 8
blondy250
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this isn't for a new cards or CLI or anything but it comes courtesy of my GCPR so i'll post it here in the CC Forums. Logged into mobile banking for my AMEX accounts looking for a Verizon offer i saw on another port here in the forums and to just see what other offers were on the account to load them up since i'll be doing a lot of xmas shopping the next few weeks and dining out quite a bit.

Immediately upon logging on, I received a huge pop-up offer that read "You're pre-approved for a personal loan of up to $ 25,000 at a maximum APR of 14.97%. With fixed monthly payments, no origination fees, and no credit score impact to apply, a NextStepSM Loan could be right for you. Learn More. Terms apply."

Clicked learn more, and you can play with different loan scenarios including terms and interest rate based on the amount borrowed. Thought it was pretty cool.

BOLO to anyone that could take advantage of an offer like this.

*See Screenshot*

Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 8.45.22 PM.png

For 15% interest , you'd be better off going to a loan shark or a bookie.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 5 of 8
Prosper777
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
I got that offer too but only up to $6200. I have a lot of debt and my income isn't that high and my latest EX fico was only 689, but the extra money comes in handy. I took the offer at $220 monthly payments over 3 years with no prepayment penalty.

buffet1193: would you mind sharing how the process went? What were the requirements/paperwork? Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very simple.  Clicked on the preapproval, applied with only a statement of income and assets necessary.  No paperwork-all on line. Instant approval for the $6200.  Money was in my account almost immediately.  Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Message 7 of 8
Prosper777
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Very simple.  Clicked on the preapproval, applied with only a statement of income and assets necessary.  No paperwork-all on line. Instant approval for the $6200.  Money was in my account almost immediately.  Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Thank you so much for the info, buffet1193!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.