Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affirm Financing

tag
Officer737
Established Contributor

Re: Affirm Financing

@djescobar973 wrote:

I see. Either way I wouldnt attempt such a large purchase on a mobile app anyway. Thats just me l;ol. 

LOL I hear ya! I have bought some scuba tanks using it ($800) but I did it from my computer. 

Message 31 of 53
djescobar973

I just purchased some DJ gear and it was approved right away. The APR is a little high but Id prefer paying a little more to avoide a hardpull anyway. They even offered other loans from past purchase. I believe they scan your bank account. but I havent thought about that yet. 

Message 32 of 53
Officer737
Established Contributor

@djescobar973 wrote:

I just purchased some DJ gear and it was approved right away. The APR is a little high but Id prefer paying a little more to avoide a hardpull anyway. They even offered other loans from past purchase. I believe they scan your bank account. but I havent thought about that yet. 

Nice! Yea they used to offer that with the bank account. Now they took that away to do the mobile option. I prefer the bank option myself as I am not impressed with the mobile yet. 

Message 33 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Officer737 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I still still cannot get it to work for me Smiley Sad

Affirm.PNG

If you are using their new App to use in stores and such I think they are still working the bugs out of it. I tried a few different ones yesterday and got the exact same message, logged into my Dive Right IN Scuba account and added a regulator set to my cart, did the check out with Affirm and it said approved that way........think they are still transitioning 

I didnt know they had an App but this was done on the website. I will try again at a later date. I have my eyes on a new purse Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

The score they showed on my denial due to not proving request info. Was the same as my tu score so I'd assume it's soft pull from tu.
Message 35 of 53
toi34
Established Contributor

FYI: Starting with new accounts established AFTER July 1, 2016, Affirm will now reports to the CB's. Smiley Mad

Another one bites the dust.

Message 36 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@toi34 wrote:

FYI: Starting with new accounts established AFTER July 1, 2016, Affirm will now reports to the CB's. Smiley Mad

Another one bites the dust.

Thanks for the heads up.  I had my eye on another watch but will take a different path now.

Message 37 of 53
djescobar973

I would still go for the watch. Sounds like you already have an account so that technically isn't a new account. 

Message 38 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used it for JemJem and Gazelle where Affirm paid them directly. On one I had to put a down payment and the transaction was smooth with no hard pulls.
Message 39 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Affirm is not something I would use. But my sister does.

They now report to Experian once you open your account.

Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.