Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affirm Financing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Affirm Financing?

Hi folks! 

I recently moved in December for work, and have been renting a furnished room while I waited for my job to become permanent and not temp. I am due to sign my letter late May/early June and as such have been looking at places to move to when I bring my kiddo down after school is out. When I moved, I got rid of most of my furniture because honestly, most was cheap IKEA stuff that was unlikely to survive a 1k+ road trip in the back of a uhaul after sitting in storage for half a year or longer. 

Anyway, because I have almost no furniture now, one of my high dollar items I need to purchase is a bed/mattress. I found the mattress and bed base that I want, and got pre-approved via Affirm for financing. 

Here's my question... is it worth it? Does anyone else have experience with Affirm? I see in their FAQ that they report which is good, because keeping up with the payments on that should help my credit long term, but I'm just curious what people's experiences with Affirm are. How are they about letting you pay off purchases early? Is paying easy? Any issues with payments not working properly or not being reported/being reported early? Etc. 

Also: I know I didn't get a HP when I got approved, but do they do one when you finish the process and decide to go for it? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Affirm Financing?

No HP  for us.

They currently only report to Experian.

Easy to make payments. No issues with paying ahead.

We've used them for three purchases.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used it once to finance something but I won't use it again. Shows up as a consumer finance account which according to what I've read is a red flag to lenders.  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's something I didn't know! Thank you for mentioning that. Smiley Happy I'll sit on it as an option but only use it if other options fail. Thank you, Ink!. Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.