cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU Free Financial Planning Services?

tag
Adidas
New Contributor

Alliant CU Free Financial Planning Services?

I recently joined Alliant Credit Union and noticed they advertise “no fee, no obligation” financial planning services. The website depicts you sitting down with a few spreadsheets and talking about your personalized financial plan with an expert. While this all sounds great I’m trying to figure out if there is a catch. The key question here is how do they make their money?

Do you get 1 free meeting and then they charge you for any more after that? Do they just spend the whole meeting trying to sell you Alliant services they get commissions on? Or are these advisors on simply on retainer at the credit union for the benefit of all members?

If someone that is an Aliant member and has used this service could describe his or her experience I would appreciate it!

FICO 08:743 EQ Bankcard from Citi, 764 EX from AmEx, 747 TU from Disc all updated 8/2017

Discover It $8,600 Since 08/2014 // AmEx BCE $23,100 Since 10/2015 // Citi DC $7,000 Since 06/2016 // BoA BBR $1,800 Since 11/2016 // US Bank Cash+ $3,000 Since 11/2016
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant CU Free Financial Planning Services?

I saw this service advertised on their website too and had the exact same questions. That is why I didn't sign up. So, like you, I am interested in any responses others may have. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.