Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant raised savings dividend rate to .90

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant raised savings dividend rate to .90

Just what the headline says... Alliant CU increased dividend rate to .90 meanwhile 2 of my other CUs just chopped theirs further Smiley Mad Somebody's a lil crazy...besides me.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant raised savings dividend rate to .90

pfarro1 - seems that there has been a very slight upward swing in savings based rates. What are they doing?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm seeing a lot of mixed reactions. I have credit unions going up, going down going sideways. Just interesting. I may have to start a spreadsheet Smiley Wink Eesh another damn spreadsheet. My local banking credit union just cut rates again. But I use them mainly as a personal automatic clearing house anyway. If alliant would take cash deposits at the branch rather than thru atm only I would shift banking ops there, but as most of my income is cash and I'm old fasioned I don't trust sticking 500 bucks in an atm. Plus I enjoy the witty banter with the lovely ladies when I go in to make my deposits and Ido have some loyalty as they were the ones who got me started building what I have.

Message 3 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just what the headline says... Alliant CU increased dividend rate to .90 meanwhile 2 of my other CUs just chopped theirs further Smiley Mad Somebody's a lil crazy...besides me.

yeah i noticed that as long as you have 100 dollars in your savings account. I think recently an lot of the online banks have raised savings rates. I think GE and Barclays are both 1.05 and Ally is .99% not too shabby. It sure as heck beats out the rates brick and mortar ones off i think they are around .03 to .05% which is pretty laughable.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah i noticed that as long as you have 100 dollars in your savings account. I think recently an lot of the online banks have raised savings rates. I think GE and Barclays are both 1.05 and Ally is .99% not too shabby. It sure as heck beats out the rates brick and mortar ones off i think they are around .03 to .05% which is pretty laughable.

BOFI (Bank of the Internet) and others finally making an impact, pretty much had to go this way as online banks appeal to the much of the same demographic as CU's historically.

Also they may be battening down the hatches, rates go up among other things if they need to shore up their reserve.  Either way it's a tactic to get more money into their depository accounts.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.