Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant share savings paying 1.045%

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Alliant share savings paying 1.045%

Just thought it noteworthy that Alliant Credit Union, which so many of us use for share secured loans to beef up our "credit mix" for FICO scoring purposes, is paying 1.045% interest on its share savings accounts, which is pretty good.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
creditfan
Established Contributor

Re: Alliant share savings paying 1.045%

yeah I just noticed yesterday when I deposit a check using mobile deposit. The last month it was 0.995%

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why am i still banking with bofa !?!?  Should I end 15 year relationship with them

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Why am i still banking with bofa !?!?  Should I end 15 year relationship with them

You don't have to end your relationship with a bank when you divert funds elsewhere. I deposit $1 from every paycheck into USAA, even though I'm not banking with them for the most part anymore.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant seems to be taking a step up...

It also looks like they just recently released (or I didn't notice it until now perhaps?) a 2.5% cashback visa, 3% the first year. (granted, with an annual fee, but if you spend a minimum of $1,000/mo, you come out positive over a 2% card even after the AF)

Obviously not as sought-after as USAA's 2.5% no-AF card, but still fairly notable in my opinion.

Message 5 of 10
minski
Established Contributor

Alliant has increased the savings to 1.16% APY. Very close to Goldman Sachs online savings 1.20% APY 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got that email, too!  Alliant's funds transfer to Chase is super fast so I can bank my emergency savings there most of the time.

Right now it's fall checking account bonus season so most of my emergency savings is going into checking accounts for signup bonuses -- 2-3 months of parking some of the money here and there and everywhere for $600 in bonuses is worth it versus the $100 or whatever I'd get in interest.

Once those sign-up bonuses are posted I'll close those accounts and transfer back to Alliant.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How consistent are their rates? Been thinking about changing over to Alliant because of thier rates and doing the secured loan installment since I currently have no loans. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only joined for the SSL but have been monitoring their saving's rates ever since their 3%/2.5% card was released and it appears their rates keep going up.

I also have a branch within walking distance of my primary home, so that's helpful (although they don't accept cash deposits, which is weird).

Definitely going to maintain my emergency fund here because of convenience, and their digital transfers are super fast in both directions.  Their SSL is fantastic and I can't wait to get my FICO up high enough to qualify for their awesome cashback card.

Their website seems like it was built in 1990 and never updated, though.

Message 9 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I only joined for the SSL but have been monitoring their saving's rates ever since their 3%/2.5% card was released and it appears their rates keep going up.

I also have a branch within walking distance of my primary home, so that's helpful (although they don't accept cash deposits, which is weird).

Definitely going to maintain my emergency fund here because of convenience, and their digital transfers are super fast in both directions.  Their SSL is fantastic and I can't wait to get my FICO up high enough to qualify for their awesome cashback card.

Their website seems like it was built in 1990 and never updated, though.

A lot of CU seem to have antiquated websites, but their mobile app is good enough. I can do my mobile deposit and transfers on the app so its good enough for me. Something I like about them is they have  atm withdrawals from non affiliated atm that can be reimbursed/rebates for up to 20 dollars. Also they have a decent rate on checking which many banks/cu don't have. I am so happyI dropped WF a few years ago for alliant. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.