Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ally and Alliant and NFCU, OH MY!

tag
bobbigirl83
Established Member

Ally and Alliant and NFCU, OH MY!

I have checking and savings accounts at all of the above. I have been using Ally as my primary for both and LOVE it. However, their credit products are offered by TD Bank and well ... gross.

I have credit cards with both Alliant and NFCU, but only have enough money in my checking and savings accounts there to prevent any fees.

I would really like to have a good relationship with these two CUs. Will using a credit card with them be enough? Or should I give up my Ally accounts and move my cash to the CUs?

I'm so lost. I just want them to love me.

March 2018: EX 677 -> 696 -> 691/ TU 694 -> 703 -> 712/ EQ 650 -> 684 -> 691

GROW LITTLE SCORES, GROW!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ally and Alliant and NFCU, OH MY!

That all depends what your long term goal is. As for me, i'm keeping Chase and BOFA but will be moving my direct deposits to NFCU. I want to build the relationship because i want a nice car loan in the future.
Message 2 of 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I have 5 year cds from Ally, but my main checking + savings are with alliant. Their rates seem to be a bit better especially the checking rates. I am getting .68% for my checking its not the greatest but its better than nothing i was getting from WF.  I think their savings rates are the same 1.45% so its a wash there. 

As far as credit cards go , all of the choices are bleh to me so i really have not pursed any CC with them. Alliant I do think has a semi decent 2% cashback card , don't quote me on that one though since it never really interested me. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I don't like to park my savings where I borrow even though I don't expect financial trouble in the near future, life can sometimes be unpredictable.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.