Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex nextstep

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex nextstep

Hello all! So glad I ran across this thread. I too got a pre-approved offer for up to 15,000 at a maximum APR up to 14.97 APR. I clicked on the "Start Now" button (for interest) and it had the Personal Loan option highlighted for me to fill out. It makes sense considering my CC debt is probably a little over 1000.00 total. I haven't accepted just yet but am considering it. My daughter needs some orthodontic work at 1275.00. It's not a lot of money but if she only uses the braces for 3-6 mos. then  the entire amount is due and I don't want to worry about it. My question is if it doesn't affect your credit score does that mean they do not do a hard inquiry once you apply? I also got a pop up the day before offering a promotional 6.99 APR for my Amex Everyday acct. I always PIF but accepted it anyway........Thanks for any input! Smiley Happy

Message 81 of 98
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

From reading the above verbatim posted in blue , it says they will report it to the credit bureaus, so yes it will have some kind of affect on your credit , whether good or bad it is all about your profile , if you don't have any other installment loans it could help your credit mix .
Message 82 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all! So glad I ran across this thread. I too got a pre-approved offer for up to 15,000 at a maximum APR up to 14.97 APR. I clicked on the "Start Now" button (for interest) and it had the Personal Loan option highlighted for me to fill out. It makes sense considering my CC debt is probably a little over 1000.00 total. I haven't accepted just yet but am considering it. My daughter needs some orthodontic work at 1275.00. It's not a lot of money but if she only uses the braces for 3-6 mos. then  the entire amount is due and I don't want to worry about it. My question is if it doesn't affect your credit score does that mean they do not do a hard inquiry once you apply? I also got a pop up the day before offering a promotional 6.99 APR for my Amex Everyday acct. I always PIF but accepted it anyway........Thanks for any input! Smiley Happy

If you accepted a 6.99% promotional APR on your Amex, it appears this may be a better deal than taking the loan. I would take some time a read the information in your loan offer. 

Message 83 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took the offer. Was pre approved for up to 25k @10.99% I signed up for 12k@ 9.9% approved instantly. Said it was debt consolidation. Money will be deposited directly to my checkings account. 24 month payments. 0 payoff penalties.
Message 84 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it would be, except that I have only been with Amex a little over a year and was started at a low starting limit of 1000.00. At the time I was accepted I had a very short credit history. I would really love an increase and am waiting for an automatic one. A CSR told me that I should be up for a review in a couple off months, so who knows.

Message 85 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I took the bait on this product about two weeks ago, before I read this thread.

25k at 11% 36 months

A couple of questions

I already paid off 3k because I don't need all of it.  Except now Amex isn't allowing me to make anymore online payments.

Can anyone explain this wrinkle?

Also, I read on another thread that paying down chunks of this balance quickly won't reduce the monthly payment.

Is this accurate?

Lastly, will this new account with a 22k balance negatively or positively effect my FICO score?

Message 86 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!  

In October 2016 I was offered and received the NextStep loan in the amount of $19,000 at 10.99% interest (3 years, $613/month), for the purpose of consolidating debt and I wish I had done it sooner! 

In just 5 months, my credit scores have changed as follows:

Experion: from 724 in 10/2016 to 769 in 2/2016

TU: from 713 in 10/2016 to 754 in 2/2016

Equifax: from 713 in 10/2016 to 756 in 2/2016

Not sure what I have to do to make it higher, except to keep paying down cards. Regardless, I'm thrilled. I've hovered at about 710-715 for as long as I can remember.

I received an offer for a "Marcus by Goldman Sachs" personal loan, and am wondering if it would be a good idea to consolidate my remaining credit card debt  - approximately $14,000 - for a lower interest rate?

~Nic

Message 87 of 98
ZeroChance
New Contributor

I first saw this offer pop up on my account last year and was skeptical of the product.  After reading more on the experience of others here, I applied today.

Pop up indicated I was eligible for up to $25,000 at a max rate of 8.99%.  I requested for a loan (to be deposited directly into my checking account) in the amount of $12,000 and to be paid over 24 months.   After filling out/confirming some basic information, the site said that a decision couldn't be provided right now and a letter would be sent if more information was needed.  A few mintues later, I received an email indicating that a decision had been reached.  The full loan amount was approved at 8.99%.  l electronically signed the documents and that was it.  I hope funds will be deposited soon.  Any ideas on how many days?

ZC

Message 88 of 98
ZeroChance
New Contributor

UPDATE!

Funds were deposited into my bank account the next day! That's quick!

ZC
Message 89 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

As with many of you, I received a pre-approval popup when I logged into my account yesterday with a $25k @ 7.98%. Since it mentioned there was no credit hit to check for the approval, I went through the first part of the application and was given an instant approval for $25k @ the stated 7.98%. Seemed super simple and required 0 documentation. There are maybe, 10 fields to fill out? Seems like a quick and easy way to get an unsecured loan at a pretty decent rate through Amex.

Message 90 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.