Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex,personal loan offer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex,personal loan offer?

Please help....anyone sign up for that amex personal loan offer? I believe they said in notice it's SP also does personal loans effect AAOA the same ways CCs do?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex,personal loan offer?

I have one and it's a SP. I never got a HP. It reports as an installment not revolving. A person loan is not a line of credit.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it does affect AAOA. Opening any credit account that report will affect AAOA.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Donny10,thks!!!
Message 4 of 7
Appleman
Valued Contributor

While it will lower your AAoA's, it can improve your credit score if your credit card utilization exceeds 10%. FICO scoring treats a personal loan differently (better) than carrying the same debt on a revolving credit card. The reason I say 10% is the scoring models give you questionable benefit if you run below 9% (you get the benefit of not paying interest). Hopefully that makes sense.

Finally, if you do not have an installment loan this can help as well for scoring purposes.

Message 5 of 7
driftless
Valued Contributor

I just replied to a similar thread, perhaps a moderator can merge them?  Does it lower your AAoA's exactly the same way that opening a new cc would?

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes... exactly the same way.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.