Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any free way to get into Alliant?

tag
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Any free way to get into Alliant?

I'm wondering if there are any free easy ways to get into Alliant. I was able to join Penfed by joining SOME which is free for students. I was wondering if there were any easy to join organizations that would let me join Alliant.

Edit:I haven't hard pulled for Penfed yet.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any free way to get into Alliant?

Not that I know of; at least not outside of their regular field of membership options (i.e. United Airlines employee, residing in Chicagoland etc). I could be wrong, but if anybody here found a free way in outside of their FOM, it would have exploded on MyFico Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 11
Saprissa2010
Established Member

You could join the Freelancer's Union. freelancersunion.org

You got a freelance side-hustle, don't you?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not that I know of; at least not outside of their regular field of membership options (i.e. United Airlines employee, residing in Chicagoland etc). I could be wrong, but if anybody here found a free way in outside of their FOM, it would have exploded on MyFico Smiley LOL

I don't know about that - a $10 FCS donation isn't a very high bar to begin with

Message 4 of 11
Adidas
New Contributor

I can confirm the freelancers union. That how I joined. You just make an account on their website. Alliant doesn't check but it's good to do just in case.
FICO 08:743 EQ Bankcard from Citi, 764 EX from AmEx, 747 TU from Disc all updated 8/2017

Discover It $8,600 Since 08/2014 // AmEx BCE $23,100 Since 10/2015 // Citi DC $7,000 Since 06/2016 // BoA BBR $1,800 Since 11/2016 // US Bank Cash+ $3,000 Since 11/2016
Message 5 of 11
creditfan
Established Contributor

join NPA (network professional association) and select community membership for $0 per year

that was how I got mine

Message 6 of 11
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I need to make a similar thread for NFCU some time soon.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 7 of 11
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Does alliant pull a CR to open a checking? I had one but then they flagged me for verification and was tied up with work so I didn't meet the deadline (7days)
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
Does alliant pull a CR to open a checking? I had one but then they flagged me for verification and was tied up with work so I didn't meet the deadline (7days)

soft pull to open an individual account - oddly enough their website indicates that adding a joint account holder will result in a hard pull on the new signer, so we haven't done that

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

soft pull to open an individual account - oddly enough their website indicates that adding a joint account holder will result in a hard pull on the new signer, so we haven't done that

It's been a couple months since I looked into it, but I remember reading on the online application itself that for joint accounts, Alliant only does a hard pull on the new signer if you apply online. If you fax or snail mail in an application, they don't do a hard pull.

Alliant does a ChexSystem pull (doesn't affect your credit). I think they flagged me for verification when I applied about a year ago, too. I just faxed over my driver's license, etc. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.