cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other p2p like Prosper and lending club?

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Any other p2p like Prosper and lending club?

Are there any others like these?

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
longtermgardener
New Contributor

Re: Any other p2p like Prosper and lending club?

There is avantcredit. However the rates are much higher. I recently got $8500 loan from Prosper at 6.23% APR with 740 score. However Avantcredit's rates are much higher at 35% APR.

Wallet : AMEX Costco TE 23k, BoFA 123 Visa Signature $12.5k, Marriott rewards $5k, Discover IT $1.7k, Walmart Discover $5.5k, Cap 1 Platinum $1500, Amazon $2000

Scores: EQ 712(9/28/13), EX 728 (9/28/13), TU 717 (Credit Karma 10/26/13), TU 753 Walmart (9/03/13)
Last app : 9/28/2013
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those lending club like Prosper and Avantcredit doesn't offer great rates for loan. I do advised to check out your local credit union or sometimes your main bank where you build relations. Those tends to give you a much better APR on loans. I had to consolidate my credit card debt through my credit union and they gave me a rate of 4.99%.

Message 3 of 6
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

If you're in your 20's, I'd recommend Upstart. I'm actually not sure if there is an age/year of graduation cap. Basically, they provide loans to people out of college who probably don't have much of a credit score, so they also base loan decisions on other factors such as occupation/salary, college/GPA/SAT scores. I was a little skeptical at first, but I was approved for a 11,000 loan and recieved the funds the next morning. I think Upstart is Avant, so if you don't qualify for Upstart, they direct you to Avant. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 4 of 6
slickshoes182
New Contributor

SoFi ( https://www.sofi.com/ ) is another interesting one. They offer personal loans, MBA loans, mortgages, and mortgage refinancing.

However, I've heard complaints in the past like making hard pulls on the "Find my rate" feature although they claim in various places that they only do soft pulls. Be sure to check out reviews about them first.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a very good experience with Upstart, after being declined by Earnest and Prosper;  they quoted me 15% for $20k at 24 months, then when I didn't accept within a week, I checked again and they re-pulled (soft TU) and re-quoted it at 8.5%, so I applied for it then. After providing tax returns and some business info (I am self-employed,) they approved the loan at a lower rate of 8.1%.  Only then was there a hard inquiry on TU.  Also, beware of Earnest, they hard pulled EX before declining me.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.