cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Used Synch. or a Discover for a CD?

tag
atd1970
Regular Contributor

Anyone Used Synch. or a Discover for a CD?

Just looking, and the rates are comparable.

Any experience?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone Used Synch. or a Discover for a CD?

@atd1970 wrote:

Just looking, and the rates are comparable.

Any experience?

CD rates still seem pretty low considering you're locking up your money for a significant period of time.

A 3-year doesn't even get you 2%.  Just doesn't look attractive at those rates.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone Used Synch. or a Discover for a CD?

I would keep researching. I want a few CDs as well, but it's a hard market for them. Are you a member of NFCU? they have a killer easy start cd for 3.0 for a 12 month term. Max contribution is 3k. But it's a good start to build a strategy of 5 year tiered cds that way you maximize the apr but still have access to funds every year if you need it, or you can contribute more and reivest. I lot of 1 year cds are not that great right now and hover around 1.0. Alliant Credit Union has a savings account with .90 apy. Pretty impressive for a humble credit union considering my AMEX high yeild savings is the same apy. And I have access to all of that money. For a bank to take your money, and make more money off your money than you do with them and you are not allowed to touch it at all. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.