Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone use Sofi, Besteggs, Prosper for installment loans

tag
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

Anyone use Sofi, Besteggs, Prosper for installment loans

I have been getting quite a few letters recently from the above loan companies-Sofi, Besteggs, Prosper with what appears to be low interest rate installment loans-I have excellent credit(per FICO)) and wanted to find out if anyone has had good or bad experiences  experiences with their loan offerings. Also is it a soft or hard pull with thei appliations. I have 2 student loans that I just want to pay off and be done with. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone use Sofi, Besteggs, Prosper for installment loans

All of those listed do a SP to approve you for a loan amount and interest rate.  Not sure if and when they require a HP.  

Never personally used any of them.  But am contemplating a Prosper loan right now.  Have a preapproval for a 8.9 % for 15000.  I have family members that have used Prosper  and didn't have any issues. 

Truthfully though, If you have excellent credit, you might qualify for a better rate on a loan at a bank or credit union.  

Message 2 of 10
Appleman
Valued Contributor

You can do the SP pre-qualify with SoFi.com, LendingClub and Prosper. All will be a HP if you go through with the application.

I have dealt with all three and they are all easy to use. Go ahead and get scans of your DL and last two pay advices for when you apply (if you apply), it will make the process quicker. SoFi.com with refinance student loans and usually at a rate lower than a personal loan. Personally, SoFi.com beat USAA, PenFed, NFCU, LendingClub and Prosper (remember that Prosper and LC have an up front fee).

If you do the student loan refinance, take the longest term you can find that has the lowest interest rate. This gives you some flexibility by keeping you payment lower (which can be helpful when buying a house) and you can always pay more without penalty.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 10
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

I did a home improvement loan through Prosper a couple years ago.  Fairly painless process... Soft pull for the prequalify, hard pull when you go through with it.  My loan took about 3 months to show up on my credit report.

I did receive one phone call from them wanting to verify my bank account information to set up the auto payments.

I haven't had a single problem since.  The payment comes out every single month on the same date like clockwork.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 4 of 10
Simply827
Established Contributor

Since it's for a student loan, I'll chime in that DCU just launched a refinancing program. I got their lowest advertised rates with a 766 TU FICO. It may be bank-card enhanced since it's much higher than my Discover card shows.

https://www.dcu.org/loans/student-loan-refinance.html

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 5 of 10
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

thanks for all the reply. I have not decided who I will go with if any but will post on the forum

Message 6 of 10
exw220
Established Member

You should try SOFI first. I have used Prosper, Lending Club, and SOFI. The best interest rates came from Sofi, and there were no origination fees on the loan.

Amex BCP $35000, Disc IT $30500 ,Cap 1 QS $13600, Cap 1 QS $4300, Orbitz Rewards Visa $12500, Care Credit $12000, Chase Freedom $25000, Home Depot $5000.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

SoFi is great!

Message 8 of 10
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I have used Prosper, Lending Club and SoFi X2. I agree that you should look at SoFi first.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sofi doesn't like high util. They are great with student loans if that's all you have. Avant lending club are more lenient, but interest is worse.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.