Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything better than Mint?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything better than Mint?

I lIke mint, but I keep getting error on adding accounts, won't let me add some of my accounts, etc. I'll still use it but looking for something similar and hopefully free or relatively cheap. My life spending isn't too complex so don't need anything crazy. Would like to add all my cards that matter on the platform I'm using though.

Thanks
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anything better than Mint?

You could go the manual entry route with quickbooks.  PITA to enter the transactions in the register but once in there you can view trends and do the same things as mint.  They didn't except my Synchrony card for years and eventually came around.  What account is giving you trouble?

Message 2 of 9
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I like YNAB, but cost is $45 a year. Get on-line information for my banks.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mint has gave me problems with sync even recently and my kohl's accunt
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

YNAB! 🙌🏼
Message 5 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

What is Mint? I'll have to research it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

PrismMoney

edit: free

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like personal capital  app its free

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used Mint.com for many years.  It won't add my mortgage lender or my stupid Comenity BrylaneHome card.  I tried Personal Capital, but it won't add my Walmart store card, my Overstock Store card or my Amazon store card.  The amazon store card was a deal breaker because I use it several times a week.  

I liked Personal Capital a little better, but it just doesn't work out for me.  I can sock drawer the BrylaneHome card and don't need to monitor the mortgage through a budget app, so I'm back with Mint.

Just as a POI, we had some problems recently with a car warranty.  The engine died just a few miles shy of the warranty expiration. We had no clue we were supposed to keep receipts of every single oil change and were denied coverage after submitting all we could find.  We resubmitted with our mint.com records showing all the oil changes and they approved coverage of a full new engine.  I was pretty impressed.  Mint.com remembers everything.  

With years of records, it's also very useful for remembering what card I made a purchase on.  I can go there and search for "Best Buy" and it will show me every single Best Buy purchase I've ever made and what account I used to pay for it.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.